Unknown Error? RRS feed

• Question

• Ok, so I havn't touched my Visual Basic Express 2010 for some months now but when I try to open it now I get this unknown error!

I tried uninstalling it but it also comes up with an unknown error. However, if I just leave the uninstaller on, it eventually uninstalls. This is the same when I tried to reinstall it after I uninstalled it. Unfortunately, it sill comes up with the unknown error.

I have no idea why or how this happened because it was working perfectly before and now it won't even open.

Is there any solution anyone would like to share, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you.

Friday, November 26, 2010 8:57 AM

Answers

• There is no way we can guess whats wrong with your system . This is not a programming question so I don't think this is the right forum for it and it certainly isn't a support forum .

Coding4fun Be a good forum member mark posts that contain the answers to your questions or those that are helpful
    Please format the code in your posts with the button . Makes it easier to read . Or use the Forum Code Formatter by JohnWein http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/bf977a14-d9d4-4e84-9784-bf76b9e23261
    Oh ok didn't know that sorry. But I got it working by switching users and opening it with that so yeah...weird error.
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 7:16 AM

All replies

• There is no way we can guess whats wrong with your system . This is not a programming question so I don't think this is the right forum for it and it certainly isn't a support forum .

Coding4fun Be a good forum member mark posts that contain the answers to your questions or those that are helpful
    Please format the code in your posts with the button . Makes it easier to read . Or use the Forum Code Formatter by JohnWein http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vbgeneral/thread/bf977a14-d9d4-4e84-9784-bf76b9e23261
    • Proposed as answer by Xiong Wei, Jin Friday, November 26, 2010 2:46 PM
    Friday, November 26, 2010 9:20 AM
  • When did your computer last time work with it?

Set your system to this date or a date before. Might be this can solve your problem. Otherwise I have no idea because unknown errors are unknown.

Liebe Grüße Stefan | Cheers Stefan I'm using VB 2008 Express
    • Proposed as answer by Xiong Wei, Jin Friday, November 26, 2010 2:46 PM
    Friday, November 26, 2010 11:26 AM

Oh ok didn't know that sorry. But I got it working by switching users and opening it with that so yeah...weird error.
    Saturday, November 27, 2010 7:16 AM