none
InkPicture displaying in a report RRS feed

• Question

• Hallo Everyone,

I would like to add "Signing" to our MS-Access application and was very pleased that, with some investigation, I was able to put together a form which allows entry and saving of the signatures using the "InkPicture" OLE object. Excellent.

But I tried to display the signature in an Access report but cannot get this to work.

The basic syntax which I am using is ...

Dim myInk as new InkDisp

myInk.Load (Me.fldSignature)
    Set InkDisplaySignature = myInk

(which I copied out of the form)

I tried attaching this to the report's "load" event and the detail's "format" event but the signature didn't display.

And I checked the field's (fldSignature, a memo/long text) contents and they are not null, so data is coming through.

I am sure that I am making some simple error and hope that someone out there can point me in the right direction or correct my syntax.

Many thanks,

Alan

Cologne, Germany

Sunday, March 31, 2019 9:03 AM

All replies

• The report would have a Bound Object Frame that is bound to the underlying OLE field in your table. No code needed.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Monday, April 1, 2019 1:57 PM
  • Hallo Tom,

Many thanks and, indeed, that makes sense.

I have been trying this but somehow the OLE object (although bound to the signature, stored as "Memo" / "Long Text") still does not display the content (i.e. the signature).

I am still testing and hope that I can get it working (I will give feedback) but it would be great if you had a further tip or maybe a link to a HOWTO for me.

Many thanks,

Alan

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 9:46 AM
  • That's the wrong data type. OLE objects are stored in "OLE Object" data type.

You can also ask the makers of the component. They have every incentive to make it easy for folks to integrate their component. They may have tutorials and examples.

-Tom. Microsoft Access MVP

Tuesday, April 2, 2019 1:42 PM
  • Hi Alan. Just a wild guess but if you take a look at this demo, I also use the Ink Picture ActiveX control. And although the demo uses a form, perhaps you could use the same technique to apply it to a report. When I get a chance, I'll see if I can try it as well. Cheers!

• Edited by .theDBguy Tuesday, April 2, 2019 2:58 PM forgot the link
    Tuesday, April 2, 2019 2:58 PM