none
Storing Nulls in Windows Azure Table

Question

• Hello,

I'm "getting started" with Windows Azure Tables. I am connecting to my Azure Table from Node.js. For that reason, I'm using this library. I am trying to add an Entity whose property may have a "null" value.  I'm slightly confused.

I feel like some documentation I see supports the idea of inserting null values for an Entity property.  Like this here. Then, I feel like I see other documentation that says I can't insert a null value for an Entity property value because Azure Tables are NoSQL. I'm trying to understand... Can I insert null for a property value of an Entity in a Windows Azure table? If so, how?

Thank you!

Friday, July 4, 2014 3:52 PM

Answers

• Hi,

The Windows Azure Table service ignores properties that have null values passed in for them, and they are not saved into the table stored in the Azure Table service, this is by design.

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 7, 2014 9:44 AM