XmlnsDefinition with Cider RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom control library which has a XmlnsDefinition defined in its own AssemblyInfo so i can use all the controls, tools etc in my projects by including this definition.
    This works fine in Blend but de Visual Studio Designer (Cider) doesn't  seem te work. It gives the following error:

Invalid XmlnsDeclaration occurs in assembly '<assembly>'. XmlnsDeclaration references a namespace '<namespace>' that is not in the assembly.

Like I said, overall it works fine, the program works and designing in Blend works. Only Cider doesn't cooperate.
    I've searched for this problem but couldn't find a solution. Is this a known problem and are there any workarounds? (except including all namespaces separately)
    Wednesday, November 25, 2009 8:06 AM

Answers

• Hi Gehlan,

If you are running in Visual Studio 2008, the issue maybe caused by the designer itself, since Visual Studio 2010 designer has improved a lot, so one potential workaround is to upgrade to Visual Studio 2010.

Thanks.
    Sincerely.

Jim Zhou -MSFT
    • Marked as answer by GerjanOnline Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:38 PM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 12:03 PM

All replies

• Make sure you have the assembly included in the project's references.  This tends to be the main problem I've seen that causes this error.
    Reed Copsey, Jr. - http://reedcopsey.com
    Saturday, November 28, 2009 1:50 AM
  • Hi Gehlan,

If you are running in Visual Studio 2008, the issue maybe caused by the designer itself, since Visual Studio 2010 designer has improved a lot, so one potential workaround is to upgrade to Visual Studio 2010.

Thanks.
    Sincerely.

Jim Zhou -MSFT
    • Marked as answer by GerjanOnline Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:38 PM
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 12:03 PM