none
Minimum polling interval Dynamics AX Adapter RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hi Pros,

the minimum value for the polling interval of the AX-Adapter in BizTalk Administration is 1 minute. In other adapters like the file adapter you can set the polling interval in milliseconds.

Anyone knows a trick to set the polling interval for the AX-Adapter less than 1 minute?

I already tried to manipulate the bindings.xml without success.. so if there is no trick, anyone at least knows the reason for this behaviour?

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 3:25 PM

All replies

• Typically when adapters are built, the designer takes into account the overheads of polling, I wrote an POP3 adapter in 2004 and if you tried to poll at an interval less than about 1 minutes in most systems the adapter would lock up, this adapter was based on the base adapter framework.

I don't know but would guess that the overhead doing a polling operation in the AX-Adapter is such that a value lower than 1 minute might not be achievable anyway, because of the overhead opening connections and querying.

How low are you trying to set it?

Bill Chesnut | BizTalk Server MVP | Mexia Consulting | Melbourne Australia
    http://www.biztalkbill.com
    Please indicate "Mark as Answer" if this post has answered the question.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:22 PM
  • Hi Bill,

half of the time , 30sec would be fine but if thats not posible an other way to solve my problem would be to double the count of messages that are pulled by each polling.

At the moment the message queue in AX loses 100 messages per polling. So the BizTalk processes these messages and then is in a free state for nearly half of the time. I tried to set the "Internal Message Queue" from 100 to 200 without success...

I will monitor the Throttling behaviour to find out more.

• Edited by Trombone Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:51 PM
    Saturday, November 17, 2012 1:46 PM
  • The magic parameters are located unter PlatformSettings->Adapters->Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009-> Host Properties-> Batching. You can not speed up the pollinginterval but the number of messages that are polled.

• Edited by Trombone Wednesday, November 28, 2012 9:12 AM
    Sunday, November 18, 2012 11:23 PM