Time estimate to get report data RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,
        I have customer aggregation role and currently writing backend job to get report data for all the customer signed up by me. I would like to know the time estimate it will take to get the single report data for all of them, assuming that job gets data for user one at a time. In first round of shipping we are expecting around 20,000 users to sign up and around 1000 keywords active for each user.

It will great if you give me some estimate information.

Thanks,
    Amit
    Friday, July 27, 2007 9:40 PM

Answers

• Amit,

We can't offer precise estimates as there are a considerable number of factors at play which will contribute to the total time taken for pulling reports for all children-customers (one by one) such as:

• (Client-side) # of concurrent threads
    • (Client-side) Connection speed
    • (AdCenter-side) System load at the time
    • Etc.

Now, if you are wondering how long each atomic report request will take, that is also difficult to estimate (mainly influenced by the number of active report requests at the given time). We might estimate that each report request from start to finish (From submitting the request to downloading the report file) should take less than one minute. We are looking to greatly improve this experience in upcoming releases.

I hope this helps!

Jeff Dillon, Microsoft adCenter API Technical Support

Monday, July 30, 2007 4:58 PM