Keeping links intact from Access DB RRS feed

• Question

• User1000352117 posted

Hi Everyone,

I have an access DB created in 2007 and saved in 2003 (.mdb). The tables contain links to a file server on my internal network. I'm trying to import the db into Expression Web 4 and keep the links intact. Currently, I can get the import to work, but the links get stripped out and displayed as plain text.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Thursday, November 18, 2010 2:01 PM

All replies

• User1000352117 posted

Anyone?

Friday, November 19, 2010 4:25 PM
  • User1716267170 posted

Currently, I can get the import to work, but the links get stripped out and displayed as plain text.

Can you show us some details so that we can know the problem clearly? Thanks.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010 2:21 AM
  • User1000352117 posted

Hi,

I have been working on this and have been able to make some progress. When I add the .Net control, the links appear, however, I get double URL's. This is what they look like:

\\MYSERVER\Web_Files\DIRECTORY\downloads\Logos\FILE_NAME.ai#//MYSERVER/Web_Files/DIRECTORY/downloads/Logos/FILE_NAME.ai#

Here is the code I'm using:

<asp:DataList id="DataList1" runat="server" CellPadding="4" DataSourceID="AccessDataSource1" ForeColor="#333333" RepeatColumns="1" Width="590px">
    								<AlternatingItemStyle BackColor="White" />
    								<FooterStyle BackColor="#1C5E55" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />
    								<HeaderStyle BackColor="#1C5E55" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="White" />
    								<ItemStyle BackColor="#E3EAEB" />
    								<ItemTemplate>
    									<asp:Label id="LogosLabel" runat="server" Text='<%# Eval("Logos") %>' />

<asp:HyperLink runat="server"
    									NavigateUrl='<%# Eval("Download", "{0}") %>' Text='Download'></asp:HyperLink>
    									<br />
    									<br />
    </ItemTemplate> 								
    <SelectedItemStyle BackColor="#C5BBAF" Font-Bold="True" ForeColor="#333333" />
    							</asp:DataList>
    							<asp:AccessDataSource ID="AccessDataSource1" runat="server" DataFile="Marketing-Files.mdb" SelectCommand="SELECT [Logos], [Download] FROM [Logos]">
    							</asp:AccessDataSource>

Thanks for your help!

Monday, November 29, 2010 2:06 PM
  • User1000352117 posted

Can anyone help me with this??

Wednesday, December 1, 2010 6:53 PM
  • User1716267170 posted

Do you mean the datalist generates duplicated values of download field for you? I think the download field will not be repeated. But did you check its value in database first? Thanks. 

Friday, December 3, 2010 2:48 AM