none
Making Limbs with Kinect using C# VS 2010 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I'm new to C# and programming in general, so if this question seems stupid or anything, I'm sorry! But I could really do with your help.

I have followed the channel9 tutorials for the Kinect SDK up to the Skeletal Tracking one and all has worked fine. I have added elipses at every joint and they all work fine too.

My question is, for my project I need arms, legs, a torso etc for my figure. I have got 'hands' and 'elbows' using the elipses but no forearms. How can I program images - such as the elipses, but I ultimately want to use my own images - to lie between the joints instead of on them, creating for example a forearm instead of just a hand and an elbow?

Thank you so much in advance to anyone who can help me!

Amanda

Tuesday, March 27, 2012 9:58 AM

Answers

• Have you looked at the Kinect Explorer sample code provided in the SDK? Use the Sample Brower and click the "install" button to copy the code you need for that sample. Look at the KinectWpfViewers as this has the code for the visualizer in that project.

If you are unsure of what this code does, you will need to study up on WPF/XAML and C#. Use the other available MSDN forums to ask questions on these topics.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012 9:39 PM