none
0x80090006 Invalid signature RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Server 2008 on a DELL PowerEdge 2900 and applyed all the updates available.

When I access from a client, a share located on the RAID5 disk, I have problems managing files. A simple copy operation results on a "0x80090006 Invalid signature".

When I do the same on another share, located on other disk than the RAID, I can operate normaly.

What could be wrong here? Where should I start looking for a problem?

Thank you

Regards

Rui Gomes

Wednesday, September 24, 2008 4:55 PM

Answers

• Hi,

This forum is dedicated to Windows Server 2008 application compatibility and certification related issues.

So here you may like to contact to DELL.   

Thanks

Saswati

NOTE - Disclaimer

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

This forum is dedicated to Windows Server 2008 application compatibility and certification related issues.

So here you may like to contact to DELL.   

Thanks

Saswati

NOTE - Disclaimer

The links in this message may lead to third-party Web sites. Microsoft provides third-party resources to help you find customer service and/or technical support resources. Information at these sites may change without notice. Microsoft is not responsible for the content at any third-party Web sites and does not guarantee the accuracy of third-party information.

Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:47 PM
  • Hello,

Were you able to resolve the problem? I am having the exact same problem on exactly the same platform Sad
    Sunday, September 28, 2008 9:11 AM
  • I am having the same issue on a Vista machine. I'm trying to copy the file to another Vista machine.

The file is not corrupt as it works locally.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008 6:55 PM
  • Hi,

So here you may like to contact to DELL .    

Thanks

Saswati

NOTE - Disclaimer

Hello,

This problem has nothing to do with DELL. If unable to give a correct answer, do not throw the ball to a 3rd party ... What the ____ shall DELL do about the file sharing problem ... are you kidding us? They build hardware and are not concerned about the software you will run on it, it's bugs or whatever ...

I have the same problem, with Windows 2008 Standard Server SP1 as host and Vista Home Premium clients. File sharing simple does not work as it should ... permissions are set correct. If anyone has any solution or idea, why file sharing on the 2008 server is not working as it should, please respond. I was unhappy with the 2008 server choice from the start when they delivered the server-tower, was sure it ain't ready ... prefer the 2003 ...

No matter what, if anyone has an idea why file sharing with computer not joined in a domain is not working, please respond. Home versions cannot get joined to a domain, so I cannot check if it works after joining ...
    Thursday, May 28, 2009 8:49 AM
  • This has absolutely nothing to do with Dell.  I am running into this same error on custom built machines copying across network shares.  Thanks for flipping off a question for no reason.
    Sunday, July 26, 2009 7:02 PM
  • After few hours of searching I found that the problem for me was the Symantec Endpoint Protection installed on the server. It was not really working on server 2008 ... they stated that the last version was working, but I threw away the SEP11 and used another antivirus ...
    • Proposed as answer by robinwilson16 Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:24 AM
    Monday, August 17, 2009 10:10 PM
  • After seeing this thought I had better post as well as I had the same issue and for me it was also caused by Symantec Endpoint Protection. It also slowed down file copies and for no reason I could determine it suddenly made logins with roaming profiles go from a few seconds to over half an hour when installed on the domain controller.

I uninstalled it and it was back to a few seconds again and this was without having installed the firewall component. I did waste a long time trying other things until I thought of uninstalling the antivirus product. This really does not seem to work well on Server 2008.

Robin

Thursday, August 20, 2009 9:29 AM
  • I had the same issue with Windows Server 2008R2 w/ a custom system.  The cause of my error was the Windows Firewall.  Once I enabled the correct application passthrough access it fixed the error.

-D

• Proposed as answer by Ilia B. _ Tuesday, June 8, 2010 10:53 PM
    Wednesday, April 7, 2010 8:26 PM
  • same issue with windows server 2008 R2.  uninstalled endpoint and waah laa!  fixed. 
    Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:20 PM
  • I'm having the same issue on a HP ML350 G6 running SBS 2011. It only seems to happen one way, with requesting files from the server from the workstation. If I copy a file from the server to the workstation it works all ok...

I have removed ESET AV but the problem is still happening.

I know this is an older issue but I cannot find any other references to this error the same way you guys are getting it!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011 7:38 AM
  • How do I down-vote?
    Monday, October 30, 2017 8:04 PM