VS 2015 IDE Code Window RRS feed

• Question

• Hello....

when I open a class up on my new workstation, I don't have the drop down menu's I did on my other work station.

on the orginal work station, the drop downs were right about the "Splitter".  I use it as an easy way to navigate through my code. 

Sorry I don't know what its called.  Can someone tell me how to get it back?

Monday, November 23, 2015 9:18 PM

Answers

• If I'm understanding the question correctly then go to Tools | Options |Text Editor | Basic and make sure Navigation Bar is checked.
    • Marked as answer by LandLord324 Monday, November 23, 2015 10:32 PM
    Monday, November 23, 2015 10:27 PM

All replies

• You don't mention if the Visual Studio on the other workstation is the same year or version as the VS on the workstation you are currently concerned with.

VS has many features for customizing the IDE. I suggest you see Visual Studio IDE so you can learn what you need to know in order to make the appearance similar to your old system.

It may even be possible to export one VS settings and import those in a different VS if maybe they are the same year and type but I've no idea.

Also there are forums specific to Visual Studio which you can find here. See the links on the left side of the page at the link.

La vida loca

Monday, November 23, 2015 9:27 PM
  • thanks, yes they are the same version... I will try importanting the settings, but I don't recall ever changing the settings once I set them to VB default.
    Monday, November 23, 2015 10:13 PM
  • If I'm understanding the question correctly then go to Tools | Options |Text Editor | Basic and make sure Navigation Bar is checked.
    • Marked as answer by LandLord324 Monday, November 23, 2015 10:32 PM
    Monday, November 23, 2015 10:27 PM
  • Thank you very much...that was it....
    Monday, November 23, 2015 10:32 PM