none
EDI GS08 Property exception error RRS feed

• Question

• I have an orchestration that basically reads the incomming file with the property 'EDI.GS08 right after the receive shape. Basically once I read that value, I assign it to a variable and then I make a decission where to route that message. The problem I have is that I am getting an error that I pasted below. What is interesting about this is that it was working to perfection when I do not have the trade partner set up. As soon as I add the trade partner, this error started to happen. I am routing messages based on the orchestration but I am wondering if that is part of the problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also I like to add that when I go to the suspended message, I can clearly see that the GS08 is populated correctly. Therefore I am not sure what I am missing.

Uncaught exception (see the 'inner exception' below) has suspended an instance of service '_837_Claims_Processing.Claims_Router(98-b2b8-902d-1a9a-d07cabe7)'.
    The service instance will remain suspended until administratively resumed or terminated.
    If resumed the instance will continue from its last persisted state and may re-throw the same unexpected exception.
    InstanceId: 4eef31b7-c71f-4bc7-8639-480b29b26d04
    Shape name: Decide the transaction
    ShapeId: 200242e-71e-4ea3-aafg22-08733sd6a7
    Exception thrown from: segment 1, progress 9
    Inner exception: There is no value associated with the property 'EDI.GS08' in the message.

Exception type: MissingPropertyException
    Source: Microsoft.XLANGs.BizTalk.Engine
    Target Site: System.Object GetPropertyValueThrows(System.Type)
    The following is a stack trace that identifies the location where the exception occured

at Microsoft.BizTalk.XLANGs.BTXEngine.BTXMessage.GetPropertyValueThrows(Type propType)
       at _837_Claims_Processing.Claims_Router.segment1(StopConditions stopOn)
       at Microsoft.XLANGs.Core.SegmentScheduler.RunASegment(Segment s, StopConditions stopCond, Exception& exp)

Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    Friday, February 5, 2010 3:11 PM

Answers

• Found the problem. The reason it is generating this is becuase BizTalk is routing a 997 file through the orchestration. I went ahead and set up a send port right after the recieve port and routed the message to see what it was and it is the 997 causing the problem. I hope this helps anyone in future.
    Please Indicate "Mark as Answer" if this Post has Answered the Question
    • Marked as answer by Carlos T. _ Friday, February 5, 2010 8:24 PM
    Friday, February 5, 2010 8:24 PM