process self defence like antivirus RRS feed

• Question

• Hi! I write program for defence system, antivirus anti malware etc. And i have a problem with defensing process from killing thru tast manager->Kill Process. I test some antiviruses and they dont let me to kill his process. I only can stop them in services. How i can create this defence for my programm. Thanks!
    Thursday, December 30, 2010 3:15 PM

All replies

• Antivirus applications should be written as a service. Because of this the thing which brings back the service is Windows itself. Just for you to know though, you can't stop an administrator from killing your application. Because of the kind of permission they have they would be able to stop your application regardless.

Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.
    Visit my (not very good) blog at
    http://ccprogramming.wordpress.com/
    Friday, January 7, 2011 12:32 AM
  • With respect to the 'unkillable' process, this is purely a cosmetic thing they've done.  Don't bother trying to replicate it.
    Wednesday, January 12, 2011 7:36 PM