none
runtime license vs tools license RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

New to embedded OS. I have bought a single board computer and a WES7 runtime license.

Am I correct that this license allows me to develop and deploy an image to my machine or to

many? I am confused about the cloning idea, ie do I require a license for each machine?

Second question is about the tools IBW and ICE. I hope that they are included on the discs

(they are due to ship any day now). Can I use and reuse these tools or do I have to license

them separately?

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 12:03 PM

Answers

• 1. Only one runtime license key is needed. Enter the key in ICE and build the image. Sysprep the image to create the master and the key will remain. You can then copy the master image to all the clones and each clone will have the same key. No extra work has to be done for embedded.

2. The tools come on 3 DVDs. Install the tools disk. if you are using 64-bit, got to the options and select 64 bit. You will be asked for the 64-bit IBW disk to complete the installation. Use ICE to build as many custom images as you want. 

My book can help you further: http://www.annabooks.com/Book_PGWES7.html

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:25 PM

All replies

• 1. Only one runtime license key is needed. Enter the key in ICE and build the image. Sysprep the image to create the master and the key will remain. You can then copy the master image to all the clones and each clone will have the same key. No extra work has to be done for embedded.

2. The tools come on 3 DVDs. Install the tools disk. if you are using 64-bit, got to the options and select 64 bit. You will be asked for the 64-bit IBW disk to complete the installation. Use ICE to build as many custom images as you want. 

My book can help you further: http://www.annabooks.com/Book_PGWES7.html

www.annabooks.com / www.seanliming.com / Book Author - Pro Guide to WE8S, Pro Guide to WES 7, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 3:25 PM
  • Thanks for your reply,

very kool, I imagined that the license I have bought covered one installation only. The fact that nobody

else is interested in my project is likely to mean that it remains a single user license. Still, these conditions

are such that I would have to regard the price as very fair.

Have purchased your book and am reading/digesting it, great resource.

Wednesday, June 4, 2014 5:58 AM