[UWP] Unable to download from the store RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently attempting to publish a UWP on XBOX One to test the store api so I can finish the app. It shows that my app is available in the store in the Partner center, but I am unable to locate it in the store to download it and using the link provided in the Partner center does allow me to navigate to its product page, however, when attempting to download it, it gives the message, "Try that again. Something happened on our end. Waiting a bit might help."

It has given me this error for months, and even after updating the project, I am still unable to download our product. How am I supposed to test the store api if I am unable to even download my app from the store, as the documentation states?

Wednesday, October 3, 2018 12:48 PM

Answers

• Hi HD Russell,

The document (test your in-app purchase or trial implementation) has been update.I highlight the added place as following:

If your app is not yet published and available in the Store, make sure your app meets the minimum Windows App Certification Kit requirements, submit your app to the Windows Dev Center dashboard, and make sure your app passes the certification process. You can configure your app so it is not discoverable in the Store while you test it.Please note the proper configuration of package flights. Incorrectly configured package flights may be not be able to be downloaded.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, October 19, 2018 1:39 AM

All replies

• Hi HD Ruseell,

Did you use the XBOX device to download the app? Could you download or install other UWP on XBOX apps on your XBOX device successfully? If you could do it, could you configure your privacy setting and set 'anything' for Buy and Download to try again?

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 4, 2018 6:33 AM
  • Daisy,

I am using the Xbox and have been able to download other UWPs. The issue is that the product simply never shows up as available in the store for download, even when *only* targeting the Xbox platform.

Thursday, October 4, 2018 1:53 PM
  • Hi HD Ruseell,

Could the app run successfully on your XBOX device before publishing in the Store? If it could run on your XBOX device with no error, could you make a support ticket to ask for help. Please click 'contact us', select 'Dashboard issue' as the support topic and the proper issue type to 'submit an incident'.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Friday, October 5, 2018 2:05 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

We resolved this issue over the weekend. There was no package flight going out, works well now. If I could make a suggestion, highlighting the necessity of package flights for testing without revealing the app to everyone on the store in the documentation would great improve the clarity in this issue. I was unable to find where it was listed as necessary to test our app. If there is, could you possible point me to it?

Thanks again,

Hayden

Monday, October 8, 2018 3:28 PM
  • Hi Hayden,

>highlighting the necessity of package flights for testing without revealing the app to everyone on the store in the documentation 

Glad to know your issue is resolved.App with package flights has unique device family support.For example,if your package flight supports a device family that your non-flighted submission doesn’t support, no one will be able to download the app on that device family, whether they’re in your flight group or not. If I misunderstand your issue,could you describe your problem more accurately? By the way, the official document recommend for you : Package flight which describe the details for package flights.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, October 9, 2018 6:38 AM
  • My issue is really just that the documentation for Xbox One UWP apps doesn't seem to highlight the importance of using package flights when distributing and testing apps.
    Tuesday, October 9, 2018 3:36 PM
  • Hi HD Russell,

Thanks for your suggestion.Could you point out where in which document to go highlight the importance of using package flights? It is convenient for us to help you to report it to the related team.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 3:04 AM
  • Hi Daisy,

Thanks for your query, https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/monetize/in-app-purchases-and-trials#testing would be a good place to mention it, as step one suggests configuring the app as hidden in the store, but doesn't adequately describe how to access it, even in the link provided. I understand if you read the package flights page, this will all be illuminated, but when walking through the documentation step-by-step that connection is not made clear.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Best,

Hayden

Wednesday, October 10, 2018 1:23 PM
  • Hi HD Russell,

>My issue is really just that the documentation for Xbox One UWP apps doesn't seem to highlight.....

The document link you provided seems to be inconsistent with what you said earlier about the documentation for Xbox One UWP?  It's a little confusing to me.According to your description, the documentation that needs to be updated seems to be about the XBOX UWP app, and the impact of package flight needs to be highlighted during publishing/testing. The document you provided is about in-app-purchase (add-on). I am a little confused about your description. Could you please point it out? Thanks a lot

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, October 11, 2018 2:04 AM
  • The link provided above mentions that, "You can configure your app so it is not discoverable in the Store while you test it." It also provides a link to this page: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uwp/publish/set-app-pricing-and-availability. Neither of these pages mention package flights and while the page on them is located under the "App Submissions" directory there seems to be no easy to find way of learning about the importance of utilizing package flights unless I specifically go to that page in the documentation (no mention in pages where testing with limited groups is discussed).

It is entirely possible that I am the only person with this issue, I just wanted to highlight what seemed to me a lack in information connecting testing apps on Xbox One and utilizing the package flights functionalities.

Thursday, October 11, 2018 8:09 PM
  • Hi HD Russell,

Sorry for the delay reply. I will report your feedback to the relevant team,if it approved(a little more time), they will update the document and I will update here for you.Thanks for your patient suggestions.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, October 16, 2018 2:00 AM
  • Awesome, thank you so much!
    Tuesday, October 16, 2018 12:54 PM
  • Hi HD Russell,

The document (test your in-app purchase or trial implementation) has been update.I highlight the added place as following:

If your app is not yet published and available in the Store, make sure your app meets the minimum Windows App Certification Kit requirements, submit your app to the Windows Dev Center dashboard, and make sure your app passes the certification process. You can configure your app so it is not discoverable in the Store while you test it.Please note the proper configuration of package flights. Incorrectly configured package flights may be not be able to be downloaded.

Thanks again for your feedback.

Best regards

Daisy  Tian

MSDN Community Support

Friday, October 19, 2018 1:39 AM
  • Awesome! Thank you so much for all of your help! Hope this helps future developers as well.
    Friday, October 19, 2018 5:51 PM