Resx for Neutral cultures? RRS feed

• Question

• User2113362401 posted

For the first time, I am going to make a site to support Spanish and English (default). So far, I have two resource files: MyResources.resx and MyResources.es.resx. I am using the neutral culture without any problems.

With all your experience, does anyone see a concern with this approach? May I overlooking something really important?

Thanks for sharing your experience on this item.

Friday, September 28, 2007 1:14 PM

Answers

• User1642585364 posted

There shouldn't be any problems with this.  If anything it's the right way to do it. Consider this: if you were to only use a non-neutral culture (e.g. es-MX) then any person from another Spanish locale would get the default resource values.  Since you have the es culture though, it will apply to anybody using an es-* locale.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2007 6:37 PM

All replies

• User1642585364 posted

There shouldn't be any problems with this.  If anything it's the right way to do it. Consider this: if you were to only use a non-neutral culture (e.g. es-MX) then any person from another Spanish locale would get the default resource values.  Since you have the es culture though, it will apply to anybody using an es-* locale.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Friday, September 28, 2007 6:37 PM
  • User2113362401 posted

Thank you for confirming this approach! My manager and I appreciate it [;)]

Monday, October 1, 2007 11:04 AM