none
my p2p network doesnt work ... RRS feed

• Question

• hi

im programming a simple C# p2p application.

im using (socket.net) [asynch] .

im forwarding ports by upnp (it works how ever i can see that port on router table but non of that port shows on port scanning [ Mono.Nat])

and when i test it on local system with router ip it works well but with two different system it doesnt work.

also tested public ip .

it doesnt work .

is there anything i missed?

sorry for poor english

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 1:50 PM

All replies

• It sounds like firewall issues..
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 1:55 PM
  • i add inbound rule for any protocol and all ports for application 
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:01 PM
  • P2P is a local network. Have you addressed the personal firewall on each machine on the P2P, like disable them and try to run your program?
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:17 PM
  • i open firewall for any ip  and any ip 

[ i dont know so much about firewall opening ]

* should use router ip or public ip?

• Edited by Compo_Team Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:30 PM
    Wednesday, February 26, 2020 2:24 PM
  • i open firewall for any ip  and any ip 

[ i dont know so much about firewall opening ]

Do you know what the Windows firewall running on a computer that is using the Windows O/S is about? Do you know if the Windows firewall in enabled on the computer, which could be blocking the inbound port your program is listening on running on a computer? 

To be honest, this is basic networking things you should know prior to working with a network such as a P2P and computers on the network running the Windows O/S.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:04 PM
  •  i know both of them but when i added  a rule in firewall advanced setting i thought it can be enough  , i mean is there anything more to do ? after all i test it with no firewall ( turn off) and the problem was still there .

i dont think it be a firewall issue .

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:14 PM
  •  i know both of them but when i added  a rule in firewall advanced setting i thought it can be enough  , i mean is there anything more to do ? after all i test it with no firewall ( turn off) and the problem was still there .

i dont think it be a firewall issue .

Look, I can't help you I have never worked on p2p network trying to get computers to communicate with each other. Maybe, the link will help and I suggest that you find a networking forum out on the Web that can help you. I also suggest that you disable the Windows firewall on the computers until you get everything to work and then enable the Windows firewall and try to set some firewall rules.

https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-configure-a-router-for-p2p-networking

I think at this time you have network and firewall issues and not C# issues that this forum is dedicated to.

Wednesday, February 26, 2020 3:42 PM
  • Hi Compo_Team,
    The cause of this problem may be P2P programs use non-standard ports to work.
    Here is a related document you can refer to.
    [How To Make P2P Programs to Work on Networks Using a Broadband Router]
    Note: This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; Therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.
    Hope it is helpful for you.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, February 27, 2020 7:54 AM