none
VS2012 keeps popping up after minimizing.

Question

• I can't get my VS2012 app to stop popping up to the foreground. I minimize it to do some work in another window, but it keeps wanting to be the active window. Any ideas?
    Friday, July 22, 2016 5:31 PM

Answers

• Hi PhilAtTek,

Thank you for your post.

Firstly, could you please tell us what is your App type?

Does this situation occur once you installed VS 2012 or after using it for some time?

you may try some devenv switches in command prompt:

a.Run devenv /Resetsettings to eliminate the cause of corrupted settings.

b.Run devenv /ResetSkipPkgs in Command Prompt.

c.Run devenv /Safemode to see if you can apply it correctly. This can eliminate the possibility that third party Add-ins or packages are causing problems.

1. Reboot the machine in Safe  Mode. This can isolate some third party application/driver's interference.
    2. Switch and try a new user account. This can rule out the possibility of corrupted user profile.

If the error persists,  then you may try to running devenv.exe /log <log path> in Command Prompt, the log files will be generated in the <log path>.
    Then you can check and analyze the log file to see if there are anything incorrect.

Please upload the file to https://onedrive.live.com/   and share the link with us.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.

Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 25, 2016 2:58 AM