none
How to perfectly align a texture on the skeleton RRS feed

• General discussion

• Dear all,

I need to build a prototype for a Customer in retail sector using the Kinect.

The idea is to select for instance a Jean or a tee shirt from a list and the the selected object should fit on top of the camera view picture of the user.

Any sample or guide line how to do this ?

How to manage also the fact that a shirt object need to be stretch or resize depending of teh size of the person ?

Thanks for clarification

regards

serge

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 8:09 AM

All replies

• Depending on the level of realism you are going for, cloth simulation is going to be beyond what this forum can cover. 

There isn't a simple solution to what you are looking for. Kinect will only provide you the location of specific joints of the body, which might be enough to position the image of the clothing on the user in a novel approach. To fit clothing to a person, you will need to segment the depth frame to determine contours and shape of the body.

Carmine Sirignano - MSFT

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 5:26 PM
  • hmm, sounds quite a big stuff. have no damned idea our to do the segmentation of frame depth to get shape controur.

can you elaborate ?

regards

Wednesday, March 11, 2015 5:41 PM
  • What you want to do is quite complex and it is the kind of thing people are trying to make money with so I don't think you will find an open sample. I don't think you will find detailed help in the forum either.

You could use some Body info (for example distance between chest and hips) to scale a t-shirth and just draw it over the color frames. If you watched jump start video, there is one in which a red circle is drawn over the face of the user, it should be similar.

Image segmentation is a common process in computer vision (search in google if you want an overview). Basically, you divide your image in pieces to analyze it. I suppose you could use depth frames to build a "front" 3D model of the body and fit the clothes over it.

Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:32 PM
  • Thanks for your reply, I will investigate then or may be go to a simpler solution

regards

serge

Thursday, March 12, 2015 3:44 PM