Crystal Reports 2008 - web service as data source RRS feed

• Question

• User-1404871118 posted

I am trying to use a web service as the data source for a crystal reports 2008 edition.  I have trying to return a DataTable from our web service. 

The problem is that when I go to select the fields it wont show me any of the fields, just @namespace, @tableTypeName and Internal_ID.  If I invoke the web service through a web browser then save the resulting xml and then create a Crystal Report that way I can then view all the correct columns.

Can anyone give us a clue on how to get this to work or has anyone got a Crystal Report to work with a web service as the data source?  I cannot find any examples at all on the internet.

Cheers

Wednesday, April 16, 2008 10:30 AM

All replies

• User-1590375683 posted

I haven't found any examples either and would be really interested in seeing this work.

Ryan

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:30 PM
  • User-1590375683 posted

I think if you create a set of local classes that mirror your results then you can use the ADO Datasources and there is an option for using Classes as a Dataset...I'm trying it now.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008 6:37 PM
  • User-709106562 posted

Did anyone ever find any examples?

The only examples I found are from Business Objects themselves (makers of Crystal Reports) and none of the examples marked "Web Services" actually have a web service in them. I think they may not understand the definition of the term "Web Service" so how can they possibly support them as a data source?

I'm really beginning to hate Crystal Reports.

Wednesday, June 4, 2008 9:58 AM
  • User-359611402 posted

I'm still stuck in same problem that CR 2008 doesn't support DataTable objects...only shows Internal_ID

Did you find solution finally or not ?

Saturday, January 2, 2010 5:05 AM
  • User-359611402 posted

I'm still stuck in same problem that CR 2008 doesn't support DataTable objects...only shows Internal_ID

<br />

Did you find solution finally or not ?

Saturday, January 2, 2010 5:06 AM
  • User-26341563 posted

Gaurav,

Is this Internal_ID issue resolved?

Am also facing same issue.  Is any one solution please can you advise me pls.

Thanks,

Sri

Thursday, June 11, 2015 10:51 AM