Where are the test result files after running tests in VS 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• I have manually run a selection of unit tests thru the Test Explorer in VS 2012 and was expecting a .trx file somewhere in the TestResults folder but I have no such luck.  Where are they located after a test run?

Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:04 PM

Answers

• Hi smyrin,

I expected to see a .trx file generated the same way it was done using VS 2010.  What should I be seeing in the TestResults folder?

Sorry for that it doesn’t support this feature in VS2012, it has been removed. One workaround is that we could get it in command line.

You could submit this feature request: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio. The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there and people can vote. Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice day,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Monday, August 26, 2013 12:59 AM

All replies

• Hi smyrin,

We could generate it when running tests from command line.

MSTest /testmetadata:Bank.vsmdi /resultsfile:BanktestResults.trx

Reference:

Did you disable creating trx file in VS 11 Beta or VS 2012 RC for a unit test?

How to: Obtain Command-Line Test Results

Have a nice weekend,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    <THE CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED>
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue. It is a common way to recognize those who have helped you, and makes it easier for other visitors to find the resolution later.

Friday, August 23, 2013 5:22 AM
  • I am using VS 2012 Ultimate.  No betas.  I don't want to run this at the command line.

When I run unit test from the IDE using a testsettings file, I expected to see a .trx file generated the same way it was done using VS 2010.  What should I be seeing in the TestResults folder?

Friday, August 23, 2013 5:24 PM
  • Hi smyrin,

I expected to see a .trx file generated the same way it was done using VS 2010.  What should I be seeing in the TestResults folder?

Sorry for that it doesn’t support this feature in VS2012, it has been removed. One workaround is that we could get it in command line.

You could submit this feature request: http://visualstudio.uservoice.com/forums/121579-visual-studio. The Visual Studio product team is listening to user voice there. You can send your idea there and people can vote. Thanks for your understanding.

Have a nice day,

Jack Zhai[MSFT]
    Thanks
    MSDN Community Support

Monday, August 26, 2013 12:59 AM