SHarepoint Integration with AD RRS feed

• Question

• When we install sharepoint server, it automatically integrated with  active directly and everyone in 

same domain can access it?

or do we need to configure manually?  

Thanks,

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:41 PM

Answers

• You would have to build your own provider via Visual Studio.

SharePoint - Nauplius Applications
    Microsoft SharePoint Server MVP
    MCITP: SharePoint Administrator 2010

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

• Marked as answer by Qiao Wei Friday, May 31, 2013 10:13 AM
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:23 PM
  • You could do a BCS connection to a data source and have that integrate with your user profile. Like Trevor mentioned you will have to develop a custom provider. Don't know if you want to enrich the claims set apart from what is provided by SP STS.

Philip

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:33 PM

All replies

• By default, SharePoint will integrate with Active Directory and you will be able to grant AD users access to your SharePoint site without any extra configuration. If you want to grant everyone in your domain access to the site, you can add "NT Authority\All Authenticated Users" to SharePoint (either with direct permissions or into a SharePoint group).

Ryan Milton

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:06 PM
  • it should work fine. until you want some kind of different configuration and permission settings.
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 2:50 PM
  • is it possible to add user which are not part of current domain?

Thanks,

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:04 PM
  • Yes. You can either use something called 'Forms Based Authentication' where users log in with a username and password that exists soley in SharePoint, or if you have at least a one way trust between domains (2 way is ideal) then you can use Active directory accounts from the second domain.
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:29 PM
  • how can i have username and password that exists soley in SharePoint?

i mean can u tell the steps?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:47 PM
  • Here is a good article I've used several times for configuring Forms Based Authentication. The user accounts will exist in a new database that you create in SQL.

http://donalconlon.wordpress.com/2010/02/23/configuring-forms-base-authentication-for-sharepoint-2010-using-iis7/

Ryan Milton

• Edited by Ryan Milton Tuesday, May 21, 2013 4:00 PM clarification
    Tuesday, May 21, 2013 3:59 PM
  • Is there anyway we can store user in sharepoint?

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:09 PM
  • No, you have to use an external data store (AD, AD LDS, other LDAP, SQL database, XML file, etc).

-----------------------
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:14 PM
  • how can i use XML file?

can you tell the steps please?

Thanks,

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:22 PM
  • You would have to build your own provider via Visual Studio.

-----------------------

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:23 PM
  • You could do a BCS connection to a data source and have that integrate with your user profile. Like Trevor mentioned you will have to develop a custom provider. Don't know if you want to enrich the claims set apart from what is provided by SP STS.

Philip

Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:33 PM