How do I clear login information for a web session from cookies/local storage? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to connect my app to something like facebook using OAuth. When I debug my app I enter my credentials and I log in the first time.  When I close the app and open it again, it is already logged in with the credentials I supplied earlier.  Even after uninstalling and reinstalling the app, I still do not need to reenter any credentials, it remember them. I expected the credentials to at least be deleted after uninstalling the app.

However I was under the impression that we had to manually take care of storing the session details.  I'm guessing it is being stored to local storage and/or cookies.

First question is if I am not storing the session details myself, what in Windows Phone is taking care of this.  (Windows Phone 8.1 universal app)

And how do I remove it so the user can log in with a different account?

• Edited by Sal_S Monday, April 6, 2015 1:47 AM
    Saturday, March 14, 2015 3:57 AM

All replies

• >When I debug my app I enter my credentials and I log in the first time.  When I close the app and open it again, it is already logged in with the credentials I supplied earlier

How did you store the access tokens in your app? If you saved it into a file in the Local Folder, you can detect it after reinstalling your app.

Ref https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/access-tokens

Best Regards,
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

Monday, March 16, 2015 6:15 AM
  • >When I debug my app I enter my credentials and I log in the first time.  When I close the app and open it again, it is already logged in with the credentials I supplied earlier

How did you store the access tokens in your app? If you saved it into a file in the Local Folder, you can detect it after reinstalling your app.

Ref https://developers.facebook.com/docs/facebook-login/access-tokens

Best Regards,
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help

I just realized, it's not the access token that is the issue, it is the actual session details that is getting stored in some cookies or local storage.  I want to clear this, but don't know how to reset it.
    Monday, April 6, 2015 1:49 AM