Coded UI test in VS 2012 RC RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate editions and recently Installed Visual Studio 2012 RC to check the new features Implemented

I see the new features in Microsoft Test Manager but when I launched Visual Studio 2012 RC .I don't see Test Menu to create Coded UI test.

I have installed Microsoft Visual Studio 2012 RC (Shell).  I have downloaded the VS_testprofessional.exe file from the Microsoft web site

Thanks,

Srini

Wednesday, August 1, 2012 6:06 PM

Answers

• Hi Srini,

Yes, you will see some menu items missing from Visual Studio 2012 RC, Coded UI Test is also one of them;

in Visual Studio 2012 RC:

1. You have a separate template for CodedUITest project  (New Project => C# /VB => Test => Coded UITest Project)
    2. You can add CodedUITest only to a Coded UITest project or to a Web&Load test project
    3. You can find Coded UITest option in project items
    4. You can find Coded UITest option in the context menu of project

Let me know if it helps you

Thanks

Aditya Kumar Agrawal (MSFT)

Thursday, August 2, 2012 5:34 AM
  • Thanks for Aditya's help.

Hi Srini,

Sorry for my delay.

About the previous issue, like Aditya’s reply, some test menu items has been removed from Visual Studio 2012 RC.

About the new issue, if we want to create a test project, as Aditya’s reply, you could create it with the step (New Project => C# /VB => Test => Coded UI Test Project). But if you want to create different tests in the same test project, you could also do it:

Right click your test project->Add->select the new test.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:34 AM

All replies

• Hi Srini,

Yes, you will see some menu items missing from Visual Studio 2012 RC, Coded UI Test is also one of them;

in Visual Studio 2012 RC:

1. You have a separate template for CodedUITest project  (New Project => C# /VB => Test => Coded UITest Project)
    2. You can add CodedUITest only to a Coded UITest project or to a Web&Load test project
    3. You can find Coded UITest option in project items
    4. You can find Coded UITest option in the context menu of project

Let me know if it helps you

Thanks

Aditya Kumar Agrawal (MSFT)

Thursday, August 2, 2012 5:34 AM
  • I think I need some clarification on Aditya's answer here.

Does this mean that CodedUI tests and Manual tests cannot live in the same project even if they are testing the same application?  Can CodedUI tests and WebLoad tests reside in the same project or do they have to be in separate projects as well?

Hopefully this is not what is being done with VS2012 because I would not want to have to use multiple projects for the testing of a single AUT.

Friday, August 3, 2012 2:35 PM
  • Thanks for Aditya's help.

Hi Srini,

Sorry for my delay.

About the previous issue, like Aditya’s reply, some test menu items has been removed from Visual Studio 2012 RC.

About the new issue, if we want to create a test project, as Aditya’s reply, you could create it with the step (New Project => C# /VB => Test => Coded UI Test Project). But if you want to create different tests in the same test project, you could also do it:

Right click your test project->Add->select the new test.

Best Regards,

Jack Zhai [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Thursday, August 9, 2012 6:34 AM
  • Thank you Jack , I appreciate your response , I am able to see now
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:12 PM
  • thank you Aditya , I am able to see now
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 2:13 PM