none
Exchange Web Services in Outlook 2010 with non-Exchange Partner RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

We have an external partner that that users a linux based email system and we need to share Free Busy calendar information with them.

We set up a 2-way Trust between the 2 forests and published our free busy info to Public Folders in our Exchange 2010 organization, however that out partner can't see our free busy info.

Question - 1. What would be the necessary steps for our company to share free busy info with our partner?

2. I know that Exchange Web Services is an option - Would we have to create an EWS plugin or addin and install it in their Outlook clients? 

• Edited by luisagsm Thursday, January 5, 2012 5:38 PM
    Thursday, January 5, 2012 12:04 AM

All replies

• Hi mechanicusI0I

Would we have to create an EWS plugin or addin and install it in their Outlook clients? 

In My opinion:

- EWS on the partner.net needs a bit\setup on the linux (or any other windows server on the partner.net)

Reason:

1. The EWS is a component @ the Exchange-server but not on the clients. similarly we need to look-out for any other server-based component\application??

2. EWS needs a lot of asp.net calls\queries\implementation? (simple proof is that: https://server/ews/exchange.asmx is the URL that Outlook will communicate to get the free-busy data?)

Cheers

Aravind

Monday, January 9, 2012 9:25 AM
  • Hi Aravind

Reason:

1. The EWS is a component @ the Exchange-server but not on the clients. similarly we need to look-out for any other server-based component\application??

2. EWS needs a lot of asp.net calls\queries\implementation? (simple proof is that: https://server/ews/exchange.asmx is the URL that Outlook will communicate to get the free-busy data?)

Are you asking? Because those are my questions exactly. I need to know what to configure on the Outlook clients from Partner.net to allow communication with our Exchange server, regardless of which of which (non-Exchange) email server Partner.net Outlook clients are connected to.

Regards

Monday, January 9, 2012 9:44 AM
  • Hi MechanicusI01

My point to add\share here is, one should search\look for the server-side component and not the Outlook client side one.

To the best of my knowledge, i haven't see any  implementation of the EWS on a non-exchange mail servers

still waiting for other forum members to share their view.

Cheers

Aravind

Tuesday, January 10, 2012 5:35 AM