none
Using SPD Workflow to send emails to multiple users via Person or Group picker/selector AND using projected lookup column in SPD Workflow?

Question

• SP2013, SPD2013

I tried several methods and none of them seems to work as the workflow kept sending email to the first User in the Person or Group picker/selector only. I tried the dynamic string builder method (i.e. set Workflow Variable) and it is the same, SPD Workflow kept truncating at first User alone.

I am also trying a workaround now - by creating a custom list called "Users", inside this list, I have "Position" and "Email addresses". From my main list (e.g. Task List, which is the main list from which I wanted to email to multiple person), I created a Lookup column (with multiple selection enabled) that look at the "Position" column of the "Users" list, I also projected the "Email Addresses" column of "Users" list into "Task" list. I need to do this because the email addresses in my company is based on arbitrary numbers and is hence not readable by user (e.g. say if I am the tech-support-3 guy, I might  will have an email 1345566@myorganisation.net, people will only be able to read if it is something like Finance Dept Tech Support Desk 3). With this, I was able to generate a list of email addresses I needed, in the form of "xxx@xxx.com; xx2@xx2.com; etc.", which would work IF I CAN use them in workflow.. in workflow, I can't select the projected lookup column, and I am wondering if there's ways to get around it? I tried to use a "set field to field" action to see if I can copy the projected lookup column into a static column - no luck....

Wednesday, January 4, 2017 3:44 AM

All replies

• Hi ist109,

From your description, emails only send to the first user of a group selected in people picker in SharePoint Designer workflow.

Try to select “Login names, semicolon delimited” in Return field as.

As for the workaround you tried, per my knowledge, SharePoint 2013 workflow platform doesn't provide the lookup for additional field of a lookup column type by design.

Try to use SharePoint 2010 workflow platform if your workflow steps supported in 2010 workflow platform.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Friday, January 6, 2017 2:07 AM
  • Hi ist109,

Is there any update?

If the issue was resolved, you can mark the helpful post as answer to help other community members find the helpful information quickly.

You can also share your own solution here and mark it as answer.

Best regards,

Grace Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Wednesday, February 8, 2017 6:53 AM