none
Deleted .netframework 1.1 and the fix and now I can not upload it... It gives me a premature termination of the install process with a final message of - if problem persist contact product support! RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I turn on my computer... the windows update always popped up with new update for your computer available.  So I would install the essential updates... the .netframework sp1.  Every time I did, it would give me this update failed/unsuccessful.  I went to a forum that had a solution to the very same problem that I was coming across.  I follow there instruction and deleted the .netframework 1.1 through the control panel.  I then went to microsoft support center and downloaded as instructed the .netframework 1.1 package and the service pacakge 1.  According to the forum advice all I had to do was re-install .netframework 1.1 and then the service package. 

Problem:  I proceeded to install the .netframework 1.1 and when I did it went through the installation process until almost the end where it is doing the registration documentation and it stop and do a rollback; it would then give me the following message dialog box...  "Program has prematurely terminated"... then pop another dialog box with this message... "If problem persist contact product support center!"  What can I do to fix this problem or do I need the .netframework on my computer since I do have other version... 3.5

Friday, November 6, 2009 4:32 PM

Answers

• Hi New2dotnetframework,

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:
    What's your OS?

.NET Framework 1.1 and .NET Framework 3.5 can install on the same machine. They can work side by side.

Could you please try the following steps to install .NET Framework 1.1?
    - Use Cleanup Tool to clear the failure installation of .NET 1.1

- Download .NET 1.1 and .NET 1.1 SP1

- Install the package one by one
    Note: If you have Windows Vista or later OS, you could try slipstreaming .NET 1.1 SP1 into .NET Framework setup package to have a integrated .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 installer like http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/12/27/install-microsoft-net-framework-11-on-windows-vista-fix-regsvcsexe-fails-error/.

- If any problem occurs during the installation, use Collect tool to collect the log files for further troubleshooting.
    The steps to collect the log:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install .NET Framework 1.1
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Upload vslogs.cab file to SkyDrive and post the link back here

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

(This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Monday, November 9, 2009 10:06 AM typo
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:42 AM
    Monday, November 9, 2009 10:05 AM
  • Hi YiChun,

Thank you very much for your posting... I would like to extend my very deserving; If I may say so, hand shake, and sincere "THANKS."  I did as you suggested and got the cleanup tool, clean the registry of all the error that might had stay behind or unseen. I then proceeded to do the one-at-a-time installation of each the .netframework 1.1 and then the service package 1, but, it still failed.  So I proceeded to follow the Note and slipstream the proceess since I do have Windows Vista.  Thanks to you I now have both .netframework 1.1 and the .net 1.1 SP1 installed.

Once again thank you very much!

VR,

New2dotnetframework

Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:18 AM

All replies

Thank you for your post.

Some clarification with you:
    What's your OS?

.NET Framework 1.1 and .NET Framework 3.5 can install on the same machine. They can work side by side.

Could you please try the following steps to install .NET Framework 1.1?
    - Use Cleanup Tool to clear the failure installation of .NET 1.1

- Download .NET 1.1 and .NET 1.1 SP1

- Install the package one by one
    Note: If you have Windows Vista or later OS, you could try slipstreaming .NET 1.1 SP1 into .NET Framework setup package to have a integrated .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 installer like http://www.mydigitallife.info/2007/12/27/install-microsoft-net-framework-11-on-windows-vista-fix-regsvcsexe-fails-error/.

- If any problem occurs during the installation, use Collect tool to collect the log files for further troubleshooting.
    The steps to collect the log:
    - Try to clean your "%temp%" folder (Start Menu >> Run >> Type "%temp%")
    - Install .NET Framework 1.1
    - Collect the logs from "%temp%" folder
       Collect tool: http://blogs.msdn.com/heaths/archive/2008/05/09/visual-studio-and-net-log-collection-utility.aspx
    - Upload vslogs.cab file to SkyDrive and post the link back here

Hope this helps! If you have any concern, please feel free to let me know.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen

(This response contains a reference to a third party World Wide Web site. Microsoft is providing this information as a convenience to you. Microsoft does not control these sites and has not tested any software or information found on these sites; therefore, Microsoft cannot make any representations regarding the quality, safety, or suitability of any software or information found there. There are inherent dangers in the use of any software found on the Internet, and Microsoft cautions you to make sure that you completely understand the risk before retrieving any software from the Internet.)

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Welcome to the All-In-One Code Framework! If you have any feedback, please tell us.
    • Edited by YiChun Chen Monday, November 9, 2009 10:06 AM typo
    • Marked as answer by YiChun Chen Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:42 AM
    Monday, November 9, 2009 10:05 AM
  • Hi YiChun,

Thank you very much for your posting... I would like to extend my very deserving; If I may say so, hand shake, and sincere "THANKS."  I did as you suggested and got the cleanup tool, clean the registry of all the error that might had stay behind or unseen. I then proceeded to do the one-at-a-time installation of each the .netframework 1.1 and then the service package 1, but, it still failed.  So I proceeded to follow the Note and slipstream the proceess since I do have Windows Vista.  Thanks to you I now have both .netframework 1.1 and the .net 1.1 SP1 installed.

Once again thank you very much!

VR,

New2dotnetframework

Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:18 AM

It's my pleasure! :)

I'm so glad to hear this good news. Shake hands with you!

Have a great week.

Best regards,
    Yichun Chen
    Thursday, November 12, 2009 3:48 AM