none
CRM 4.0 Adapter Install amd64.exe or i386.exe? RRS feed

• Question

• Hey, gang:

I'm wanting to install the newest release of the CRM 4.0 adpater into an environment consisting of Biztalk 2009 running in a 64 bit (Xeon) Windows Server sp2 install.  On Microsoft's download page, I have the choice of downloading and installing either a file named "BiztalkAdapter_1033_amd64" or "BiztalkAdapter_1033_i386".  1.)  Which file do I need? (i386 makes me think it's only for 32bit environments but amd64 makes me think that one is specifically for AMD processors).  2.) Do I install into "\Program Files" or "\Program Files (x86)"?

Thank you ahead of time for any respones.

accdev

Thursday, June 3, 2010 6:10 PM

Answers

• Go with the i386 one. Sometimes the names are misleading. Obviously you don't have an AMD chipset.

If you have 64-bit hardware it can still run 32-bit software under WOW. I would go with the default path - if it is 32-bit based software it will show up under the Program Files (x86) folder.

FYI, BizTalk itself installs to both Program Files and Program Files (x86) because there are some 32-bit components.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline
    Thursday, June 10, 2010 7:07 PM