none
Wavedev Implementation for Multiple Audio Interface in WinCE7 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

Software : Windows Embedded Compact 7

Hardware : Customized Hardware with OMAP4430 Processor

Presently my wave driver (wave.dll) supports only one device(Queried number of device instance that wave driver supports using WODM_GETNUMDEVS and it returned 1)

I would like to modify my wave driver to support more than one device.i have searched lot but could not get any info about how to modify

can you please help on how to modify my wave driver to support more than one device on OMAP4430?

share me if you have any document.Throw some light on this query as it would help me lot

Thanks in Advance

Purpose : Audio should play on the board using WAV1 and Use WAV2 to route the Audio through Bluetooth (here am trying to use wav2 since Audio play on the board also should go on)

-senthil
    Monday, March 18, 2013 7:29 AM

All replies

• There are two ways this can be implemented,

1. Modify the existing wavedev2 driver to support multiple stream output and multiple stream input. 

2. Implement separate wavedev2 driver for each device. For example codecA.dll and codecB.dll. I have done this in the past and it worked fine. 

Best Regards,

Rakesh.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 6:41 PM
  • Hi Rakesh,

Thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

->i believe i cannot go for 2nd option as my hardware setup has only one codec(TWL6041).correct me if my understanding is wrong.

->1st option : Am presently concentrating on this.can you share some information to modify my wave driver to support multiple stream output and multiple stream input.share me if you have any documents.

Thanks in Advance

Regards

Senthil

Wednesday, March 20, 2013 6:40 AM
  • Yes in this case you have to go with option 1.  Have you tried returning 2 in WODM_GETNUMDEVS ? Sorry i do not have any detail docs for this. I would suggest you experiment and try.

Best Regards,

Rakesh.

Thursday, March 21, 2013 6:38 AM
  • Hi Rakesh,

WODM_GETNUMDEVS returns 1.I shall experiment and keep trying option 2.

Thanks for your reply

Regards

Senthil

Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:28 AM