none
Unable to make connection from clients computer RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

This is my first post to an MS forum and while I can't seem to find a solution to my problem, it must be a common one, so please forgive me if the solution is obvious.

I use the following VBA to call a web service:

Dim modelName, json As String

Dim objHTTP As New WinHttp.WinHttpRequest
    Dim serverName, jsonText As String
    serverName = "http://mywebsite.com/"
    objHTTP.Open "GET", serverName & modelName & "?json=" & encodeURL(json)
    objHTTP.send
    jsonText = objHTTP.ResponseText

This works fine for my client (at their office) and myself (at my office and at home), but fails for my client's client (at their office) with the message:

"System Error &H80072EFD (-2147012867). A connection with the server could not be established"

I'm in the unfortunate situation of not being able to access my client's client's computer and my client visits their client infrequently, so it is not really possible to interrogate the offending machine and environment.

I have tried fiddling around with what appear to obvious possibilities in the trust centre on my machine, but have failed to induce the same error.

What might be going wrong for my client's client and how might I fix it?

Cheers,

Simon Knapp

Thursday, August 21, 2014 2:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting in the MSDN Forum.

Since the issue is more relate to VBA developing, I'd like to move it to Visual Basic for Applciation forum.

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards

Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, August 22, 2014 3:15 AM