none
Removing "Requires Touch" Hardware requirement

Question

• Is there anyway I can removed this requirement?

When I first published my app, I checked this box since my app was difficult to use without touch. I have now updated it to more friendly with using just a keyboard and mouse and now I want to remove this flag. I am having trouble finding where I can do that any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sunday, February 15, 2015 5:12 PM

All replies

• Hello, I released a Windows 8.1 app this week. But when user tries to download he gets a warning that the app might not work well according to touch screen requirements.

And then I looked into package manifest and properties of the project but couldn't find anything.
    Then I looked into Windows store release and I clicked release a new package. There I found the option that will require user to have a touch screen and I disabled it. Later on my updated package(same package, not incremented version) got released in the store but there still writes Touch Screen in the hardware reqs. and user still gets a warning.

There was writing "This options enforces 8.1 apps" or smth like that.

What should I do to disable it completely?
    Friday, January 30, 2015 2:07 PM
  • Hello 10TonGames,

Have you already gone back to the Dev Center > Your App > Edit > Selling Details > Unchecked "Requires touch"

-Eric

Windows and Windows Phone Dev Center Support

Send us your feedback about the Windows Platform

Tuesday, March 10, 2015 2:52 AM