none
How get personal information from Word Document RRS feed

• Question

• I want show personal information of word document. Please tell me How I can show MS-Word personal information.

Monday, August 27, 2012 1:18 PM

Answers

• HI Rajesh,

Would you please tell me your Word version. If your document is docx file I would recommend you use Open XML SDK to retrieve the information which you want to know. These information included in the ExtendedFilePropertiesPart of the Word document.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Friday, September 7, 2012 7:03 AM

All replies

• What do you mean by personal information? Author, date created, etc?
    Monday, August 27, 2012 6:15 PM
  • Hi Rajesh,

Any update?

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Friday, August 31, 2012 7:05 AM
  • Hi JosephFox Thanks to Reply...

As Document Inspector show Personal Information.

So I want know which "Personal Information" does mean of Document Inspector.

... Thanks: Rajesh Bisht

Friday, August 31, 2012 2:41 PM
  • This page describes it, as well as showing how to programmatically access it.

Are you asking as an end-user, or a programmer? If an end user, you can access much of the information simply by right-clicking on the document in Windows Explorer, clicking 'properties', and clicking on the 'details' tab.

Friday, August 31, 2012 4:59 PM
  • I am asking as Programmer...

As you describe I did Right Click on Word docuemnt then Properties But I could not find Details tab.

I can see only General , Security , Custom  and Summary Tab respectively.

Monday, September 3, 2012 8:50 AM
  • I'm using Windows 7. But, the right click thing doesn't matter if you're asking as a programmer.

The page I linked to above shows how to access the Document Inspector. This will remove all the personal information as you define it.

To delete/view/ammend part of it: it depends what you want to access. Many you can do through BuiltInDocumentProperties property of a document object, for example the Author.

Example

Reference

Monday, September 3, 2012 9:18 AM
  • Dear I dont want use Document Inspector. I want to know which Document Information does mean of Docuemnt Inspector.
    Thursday, September 6, 2012 2:08 PM
  • HI Rajesh,

Would you please tell me your Word version. If your document is docx file I would recommend you use Open XML SDK to retrieve the information which you want to know. These information included in the ExtendedFilePropertiesPart of the Word document.

Have a good day,

Tom

Tom Xu [MSFT]

Friday, September 7, 2012 7:03 AM