Getting HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error in Azure RRS feed

• Question

• Hi expert, I have been readeing several post about this problem but it seem nothing can help me :(.

I made a LightSwitch deploy to microsoft azure and it was fine. But when I try to open the web I get this error

"he page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred"

So I start using vs2013 to find out  what's going on, in details error I got:

HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

Detailed Error Information:

Module    ManagedPipelineHandler
    Notification    ExecuteRequestHandler
    Handler    PageHandlerFactory-Integrated-4.0
    Error Code    0x00000000
    Requested URL    https://myapporderm:80/default.aspx
    Physical Path    D:\home\site\wwwroot\default.aspx
    Logon Method    Anonymous
    Logon User    Anonymous

any advice to solve this problem.

my lightswitch aplication is working fine locally

Thanks!

--------------------

test updated:

I've used the database from azure and made a desktop deploy, it works fine, so the database is working.

may be my proble its the config file, but to be honest I don't have any idea about what could be :(

• Edited by Drake316 Sunday, July 19, 2015 3:26 PM
    Sunday, July 19, 2015 3:01 PM

Answers

• Hi Drake316,

Please refer to this blog to check the steps of "Subscription", "Service Configuration" and "Data Connections" in the Publish part. In the step of "Subscription", please check whether you have specified your Azure subscription information correctly. In the step of "Service Configuration", please check whether the web site that you want to host your application is the same with you specified in portal. In the step, please check the connection string.

If that's all right, please try use Fiddler to locate the error details which describes the really error.

In addition, please refer to following thread which familiar with your problem.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/b2d68632-6487-4e7a-94f1-cea30a3197ec/lightswitch-2013-appliction-deployment-issue-error-500?forum=lightswitch

Best Regards,

Weiwei

• Marked as answer by Angie Xu Monday, July 27, 2015 2:34 AM
    Monday, July 20, 2015 8:59 AM
  • I find turning customErrors mode=Off to be the most useful course of action as it will get you a stack trace and actual error message.

Add the customErrors line as shown below to your Web.config in your Server project:

<system.web>
    		<customErrors mode="Off" />
    		<!-- LightSwitch trace.axd handler -->
    		<trace enabled="true" localOnly="false" requestLimit="40" writeToDiagnosticsTrace="false" traceMode="SortByTime" mostRecent="true" />

Note the trace.axd techniques are good for getting the URL that's causing the 500 error but in my humble opinion, it's useless. I find that turning off custom errors in conjunction with the URL + browser provides the relevant message and stack to solve most 500 error issues in Azure.

Just FYI, you can also use the Kudu project as outlined here to get memory dumps + show process status + watch you log files +++. Kudu is good for advanced diagnostics but customErrors will do the job in this case. 

• Edited by Ian E Tuesday, July 21, 2015 4:13 AM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2015 3:58 AM

All replies

• Hi Drake316,

Please refer to this blog to check the steps of "Subscription", "Service Configuration" and "Data Connections" in the Publish part. In the step of "Subscription", please check whether you have specified your Azure subscription information correctly. In the step of "Service Configuration", please check whether the web site that you want to host your application is the same with you specified in portal. In the step, please check the connection string.

If that's all right, please try use Fiddler to locate the error details which describes the really error.

In addition, please refer to following thread which familiar with your problem.

https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/azure/en-US/b2d68632-6487-4e7a-94f1-cea30a3197ec/lightswitch-2013-appliction-deployment-issue-error-500?forum=lightswitch

Best Regards,

Weiwei

Monday, July 20, 2015 8:59 AM
  • HTTP Error 500.0 - Internal Server Error

The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.

For this issue, you can also consider getting more trace using method below, it will give more hints why this happens. See: Debugging your LightSwitch Application in Microsoft Azure Web Sites

With regards,

Angie

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, July 20, 2015 9:06 AM
  • I find turning customErrors mode=Off to be the most useful course of action as it will get you a stack trace and actual error message.

Add the customErrors line as shown below to your Web.config in your Server project:

<system.web>
    		<customErrors mode="Off" />
    		<!-- LightSwitch trace.axd handler -->
    		<trace enabled="true" localOnly="false" requestLimit="40" writeToDiagnosticsTrace="false" traceMode="SortByTime" mostRecent="true" />

Note the trace.axd techniques are good for getting the URL that's causing the 500 error but in my humble opinion, it's useless. I find that turning off custom errors in conjunction with the URL + browser provides the relevant message and stack to solve most 500 error issues in Azure.

Just FYI, you can also use the Kudu project as outlined here to get memory dumps + show process status + watch you log files +++. Kudu is good for advanced diagnostics but customErrors will do the job in this case. 

• Edited by Ian E Tuesday, July 21, 2015 4:13 AM
    Tuesday, July 21, 2015 3:58 AM