none
Listbox events RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me what ListBox events are triggered when the up-arrow and down-arrow on the listbox is pressed and the value in the listbox changes, but nothing is actually Listbox.Selected?
    Monday, January 16, 2012 10:36 PM

Answers

• I had the Listbox looking almost like a textbox.  So, it is not apparent that clicking (and selecting is different from scrolling.  

I should have had it laid it out visually to look like a listbox.  That way the user knows scrolling as different to clicking!  

Dumb, dumb, dumb... on my part.  Thanks a lot!  

• Marked as answer by Beester2 Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:40 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:40 AM

All replies

• Easiest way to answer this question is to add all likely events and set breakpoints in them. Note that some actions trigger multiple events so this method also shows if that happens and their sequence.

Rod Gill

The one and only Project VBA Book Rod Gill Project Management
    Monday, January 16, 2012 11:02 PM
  • Hmmm... that's what I have been doing all day long.  Can't figure it out, yet..
    Monday, January 16, 2012 11:14 PM
  • If you mean, just click the up/down arrow in a listbox, but not change the selection, then no event is triggered.

Perhaps you could explain what you want to actually happen when the user clicks the up/down arrow?

Ed Ferrero
    www.edferrero.com
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:02 AM
  • I had the Listbox looking almost like a textbox.  So, it is not apparent that clicking (and selecting is different from scrolling.  

I should have had it laid it out visually to look like a listbox.  That way the user knows scrolling as different to clicking!  

Dumb, dumb, dumb... on my part.  Thanks a lot!  

• Marked as answer by Beester2 Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:40 AM
    Tuesday, January 17, 2012 12:40 AM