none
How to retreive a Project from Draft Database RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, 

We always have a situation where PM's try to edit the Project Plan and just save but forget to Publish the project plan and close the project.  After this operation there are times where they have to delete their cache due to some other issues and then when they open the Project plan again they will realize that the change they made are lost. 

Is there any way i can retreive their Prorject plan changes from Draft Database. I know that when we save the Project plan it syncs those changes to Draft Db. 

Environment i have is : Project Server 2010. 

Regards,
    CSK 

CSK
    • Edited by C S K Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:03 AM Keeping Environment details
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 12:02 AM

Answers

• to complete Paul post in other words (with 2 simple shots):

in MSP, navigate to

File menu > Open > Retrieve the lists of all projects from Project Server:

before opening your project, make sure Working store (radio box) is selected:

----

« Accept Me as Me »

• Marked as answer by C S K Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:13 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by C S K Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:13 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:35 PM
  • Hi there,

When opeing the Project in Project Professional, in the open window make sure you select the Working store (this is the draft DB).

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by C S K Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:15 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 8:56 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, you can get data from Draft db, only if the user saved it at least. As an administrator, you can open that project, edit it (here you'll see his updated project) and then publish on behalf of your PM. Hope this answers your question.

Thanks, Kashif
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 7:13 AM
  • Hi there,

When opeing the Project in Project Professional, in the open window make sure you select the Working store (this is the draft DB).

Thanks

Paul

Paul Mather | Twitter | http://pwmather.wordpress.com
    • Marked as answer by C S K Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:15 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 8:56 AM
  • to complete Paul post in other words (with 2 simple shots):

in MSP, navigate to

File menu > Open > Retrieve the lists of all projects from Project Server:

before opening your project, make sure Working store (radio box) is selected:

----

« Accept Me as Me »

• Unmarked as answer by C S K Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:13 PM
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 10:35 PM
  • Thanks Paul for reminding me the "Working" option, i think you answered my question. 

This option is working fine and its defaultly selected. It works fine with all of my colleagues except with 1 guy who is having an issue with Project Pro. I guess its a bug with repsect to Windows XP. He will never get to see these options and when he clicks on Retreive the list of all projects from server it shows him the "Hour glass" and ultimately he has to close the Project Pro. Only workaround he is having currently is, either he has to open the project from File-->Recently Opened projects or He has to go to Project Center select his project and click Edit in project Pro. He lost some of his recent changes as there was no way for him to select "Working" radio button. Perhaps thats why i  was trying to ask if there is anyway to retreive the draft projects.

CSK
    Wednesday, February 1, 2012 11:15 PM