none
Trying to Update (Project Server - Timesheet Data Report) to include Group Codes of Resources (Corrupting Actual Work Hours) in process RRS feed

• Question

• I think I am just doing what I am doing the wrong, way, but I am having issues finding the right resource.

I am trying to update a Project Server Report so It has an additional field in it, but when I do it messes up other data.

Let me show you before and after (after being I update the connection file so it can pull from Resource CODE)

Here is after notice how the numbers change to INCORRECT Numbers way off

Let me show you the Connection String, and How I Updated it, where I know this is where I am going wrong, just don't know proper way. I have bolded,underlined the part that I added which does make the information come up in the pivot table field list, but I know I am doing it wrong since this is not working. Any pointers on correct way?

SELECT                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.PeriodUID as [PeriodUID],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.PeriodName as [PeriodName],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.PeriodStatus as [Period Status],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.TimesheetName as [TimesheetName],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.TimesheetUID as [TimesheetUID],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.TimesheetStatus as [Timesheet Status],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.TimesheetLineClass as [Timesheet Line Class],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.ResourceName as [ResourceName],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.ResourceUID as [ResourceUID],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.ProjectName as [ProjectName],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.ProjectUID as [ProjectUID],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.TaskName as [TaskName],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.TaskUID as [TaskUID],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.TimesheetLineUID as [TimesheetLineUID],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.PlannedWork as [Planned Work],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.ActualWorkBillable as [Billable Actual Work],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.ActualWorkNonBillable as [Non Billable Actual Work],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.ActualOvertimeWorkBillable as [Billable Actual Overtime Work],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.ActualOvertimeWorkNonBillable as [Non Billable Actual Overtime Work],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.ActualWorkBillable + MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.ActualWorkNonBillable + MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.ActualOvertimeWorkBillable + MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.ActualOvertimeWorkNonBillable as [Timesheet Line Actual Work],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.PeriodStartDate as [Period Start Date],                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.PeriodEndDate as [Period End Date], MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceCode as [ResourceCode], MSP_EpmResource_UserView.ResourceGroup as [ResourceGroup],               MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView.[RBS] as [RBS]              FROM                MSP_TimesheetLine_UserView, MSP_EpmResource_UserView

I know I am doing this wrong, just dont know the correct way, any help would be amazing!

I have been looking for good resources on how to take data I want that is in other report VIEWS and add them to other REPORTS, but not sure best way in thsi case.

I have data in EPMResource_Userview, that I want to be able to utilize with report that uses TimesheetLine_UserView, just don't know how to do it.

I am at my witts end.

I have someone that has to have a report show groupings by this Group CODE which is in Resources and help him with reports on hours etc...

THanks in advance for any ideas.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 9:31 PM