My small basic file opens and come up with question marks everywhere! RRS feed

• Question

• When i open my small basic file it comes up with all question marks in diamonds and i cant see anything. The .exe, .pdb and the .dll are all in the same folder but it wont work, the .exe doesn't even work!! Please help me!!
    Tuesday, April 22, 2014 6:55 PM

Answers

• Hello there,

I dont know your system language settings and where or with which application your .sb file was created.

Try:

1. Backup your original .sb file and the .exe to another directory.

2. Open the other copy of your .sb file in the SmallBasic IDE (,maybe first modify it and correct all the � ) and then save it again via 'Save' button. It then should be saved according your system settings and in readable form the next time you open it.

* Another option you have is:

Open the .sb file in another application (eg. Notepad, Notepad2, Notepad++, Wordpad etc). If it is readable there, select the whole text content and copy it to clipboard.

Then open your SmallBasic IDE, select 'New'  to create a new .sb file, paste the clipboard content there and save this new .sb file.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:46 PM
    Answerer
  • Maybe something is wrong with your OS.

You should try to open your files at another computer with the same OS.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen Timo Greetings Timo

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:42 PM

All replies

• Hello there,

I dont know your system language settings and where or with which application your .sb file was created.

Try:

1. Backup your original .sb file and the .exe to another directory.

2. Open the other copy of your .sb file in the SmallBasic IDE (,maybe first modify it and correct all the � ) and then save it again via 'Save' button. It then should be saved according your system settings and in readable form the next time you open it.

* Another option you have is:

Open the .sb file in another application (eg. Notepad, Notepad2, Notepad++, Wordpad etc). If it is readable there, select the whole text content and copy it to clipboard.

Then open your SmallBasic IDE, select 'New'  to create a new .sb file, paste the clipboard content there and save this new .sb file.

Tuesday, April 22, 2014 7:46 PM
    Answerer
  • Maybe something is wrong with your OS.

You should try to open your files at another computer with the same OS.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen Timo Greetings Timo

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 4:42 PM