none
WCF Oracle EBS Adapter - Credentials RRS feed

• Question

• Hello.

We are working on an interface using BTS2010 for getting POs into Oracle EBS and we're using the Import Program for Purchasing concurrent program to achieve this.    We are pretty much done and ready to go live soon.  However, something's been bugging me since day 1.

Note how we are required to enter two credentials are the Send Port configuration.  Generally, we are required to type in both an Oracle DB account and an Oracle EBS account.  Where to enter which depends on the selected client credential type in the binding configuration.   In our case, we're using the default credential type 'Database', so the EBS credential is entered in the binding configuration while the Oracle DB credentials in the 'Credentials' tab.

Question is, how do I get the adapter to work without relying on APPS?  Everything is working smoothly if we use the Oracle DB sysadmin account (APPS).     If I try any other Oracle EBS account which does not have sys admin privilege, the adapter throws error "Microsoft.ServiceModel.Channels.Common.CredentialsException: The Oracle E-Business Suite credentials are invalid."

Obviously, the error is incorrect and misleading because the Oracle EBS credential is correctly specified.  It's just the Oracle DB account which lacks the privilege on some DB object.

I am inclined to believe that the adapter accesses some table first which only APPS has access to before executing the concurrent program.  However, I can't trace exactly which table it is (or SP, package, etc).

Any idea how to get to the bottom of this issue or a solution?

thanks

Monday, April 23, 2012 5:12 PM

Answers

• I've gotten a better understanding of the way Oracle EBS works.  Seems that by default only APPS has the privilege to execute concurrent programs.

Although at the same time, the ORacle DB account we use is able to execute concurrent programs from backend.

We are now taking the route of calling a custom stored procedure to execute concurrent programs.

• Marked as answer by Miggleness Monday, June 4, 2012 7:42 PM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 7:42 PM

All replies

• Hi,

We are doing some research of this issue and may involve some senior engineers into it.  Thanks for your patience!

Thanks,

Alan Yao [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Get or Request Code Sample from Microsoft
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:28 AM
  • Thank you, Alan.  Appreciate it.
    Wednesday, April 25, 2012 3:02 PM
  • Hi,

Unless someone else in the community has experienced the same issue and can offer help, I suggest you have a support case created for a more in-depth level of support.

If you would like to pursue that option, please visit this link to see the various paid support options that are available to better meet your needs. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=fh;en-us;offerprophone

Thanks,

Cathy Miller

Monday, April 30, 2012 8:22 PM
  • Actually,

Last year I build a Sample for MS on how to do Purchase Orders for Oracle EBS with BizTalk and ESB and SharePoint. However this is another story if you're an MS Partner and have access to MS's corporate network I can give you more information. 

Other than that the best thing I can tell you is that you have to build a custom behavior. and inject this behavior into the WCF Oracle DB Adapter. You'll have to use the WCF Custom adapter and configure it to use your custom behavior. Inside the custom behavior, you'll need to set your credentials.

Check here for references:

WF Oracle LOB:
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/biztalk_server_team_blog/archive/2010/07/05/handling-of-authentication-for-lob-activities.aspx  
    http://blogs.msdn.com/b/biztalk_server_team_blog/archive/2010/07/06/handling-of-authentication-for-lob-activities-part-ii.aspx
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/biztalk-server-2010-appfabric-connect-feature-frequently-asked-questions-faq/revision/1.aspx 

HTH

MCT, MCSD.NET, MVP

Monday, May 7, 2012 1:20 AM
  • Can you check if your DB user has access to the schemas 'APPS' and 'APPLSYS'?

-- Please mark as answered if this answers your question.

Monday, May 7, 2012 4:20 AM
  • If I find the time this weekend, I will run a trace on the database to find exactly which tables/procedures are invoked by the WCF Oracle Apps adapter.

Thursday, May 10, 2012 2:57 AM
  • I've gotten a better understanding of the way Oracle EBS works.  Seems that by default only APPS has the privilege to execute concurrent programs.

Although at the same time, the ORacle DB account we use is able to execute concurrent programs from backend.

We are now taking the route of calling a custom stored procedure to execute concurrent programs.

• Marked as answer by Miggleness Monday, June 4, 2012 7:42 PM
    Monday, June 4, 2012 7:42 PM