none
After installing KB2764593 AddIn doesn't work any longer... RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

after installing Windows Update KB2764593 my MS Project AddIns dosen't start.

Unfortunately I don't get any further informations :(

Has anybody an idea?

Signed

ZeroHack

Wednesday, November 14, 2012 2:05 PM

All replies

• is this development machine? if so, try starting your addin using Debug menu. You can also try to to set env variable vsto_suppressdisplayalerts to 0 and see if you get any popup windows on starting ytour addin
    Wednesday, November 14, 2012 7:29 PM
  • Thanks for your answer, DamianD!

I found a solution on my own ;)

The problem was that the addin was installed from a network-share. This network-share changed. The new location was not in the trusted sites in the internet settings. After I have added it to the settings the addin installed again and started to run.

So I think after the KB2764593 all my addins had to get something (yay I know very definite)  from the install-folder or had to be installed once again. Is that right? Has/had anybody simular experiences?

I use clickonce-deployment so can anybody tell me how to change the complete install folder? My AddIns are running on a lot of machines, so it has to be automatically.

Thanks!

Signed

ZeroHack

• Marked as answer by Quist ZhangModerator Friday, November 16, 2012 8:55 AM
    • Unmarked as answer by ZeroHack Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:12 PM
    Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:13 PM
  • Thanks for your answer, DamianD!

I found a solution on my own ;)

The problem was that the addin was installed from a network-share. This network-share changed. The new location was not in the trusted sites in the internet settings. After I have added it to the settings the addin installed again and started to run.

So I think after the KB2764593 all my addins had to get something (yay I know very definite)  from the install-folder or had to be installed once again. Is that right? Has/had anybody simular experiences?

I use clickonce-deployment so can anybody tell me how to change the complete install folder? My AddIns are running on a lot of machines, so it has to be automatically.

Thanks!

Signed

ZeroHack

I don't think that this can be the answer. I have asked some Questions and they are not answered. So has anyone the same problem or can anyone answer my questions?

Thanks!

ZeroHack

Thursday, November 22, 2012 12:14 PM