Report a data issue RRS feed

• General discussion

• There are two ways to report issues with the geocoding data in Bing Maps. They are as follows:

• Go to http://bing.com/maps and click on the feedback or Report a Problem button in the bottom right hand corner of the page and submit your issue.
    • If you are an enterprise customer then contact the Bing Maps Enterprise support team and they can pass this on to the data team.

http://rbrundritt.wordpress.com

Saturday, March 10, 2012 2:16 PM

All replies

• Bing UK OS maps (Explorer & Landranger) appear to be very much out of date (they appear to be pre 2015). Are there any plans to update these?
    Tuesday, August 7, 2018 7:31 AM
  • Hi Andy,

Bing Maps gets its data from various sources so can't really give dates for any specific regional updates.  If you do notice an issue, please do report it as suggested above.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Tuesday, August 7, 2018 5:46 PM
    Owner
  • I asked the question:

"Bing UK OS maps (Explorer & Landranger) appear to be very much out of date (they appear to be pre 2015). Are there any plans to update these?"
    To which I got the following response:
    "Bing Maps gets its data from various sources so can't really give dates for any specific regional updates.  If you do notice an issue, please do report it as suggested above."

However, the source (osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk) has up to date maps available, it is just that Bing is not using them yet. Why not?

Wednesday, August 15, 2018 7:04 AM
  • Hi Andy,

This is the MSDN Developer Forum and not in charge of any OS or Data updates to any products.  However, the route you were given to provide feedback is the correct place to get such questions addressed.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, August 20, 2018 4:47 PM
    Owner
  • Hello 3900 Chennault Parkway, Lake Charles, LA 70615, pin is in the wrong spot.  Please see Google maps for correct reference.  We are a new aircraft maintenance company named Citadel Completions.  I tried to leave message in feedback section but it would not send.
    Thanks
    Wednesday, September 19, 2018 2:14 PM
  • Hello,

While working with one of our customers we ran across many address in his service area that are not showing up where they actually are. Here is an example :

2871 Crosscreek Dr, Oologah, OK 74053

Using my web browser, Google maps this to 2871 Cross Creek Dr, Oologah, OK 74053. 

Bing maps that address a few streets to the south, E Creek Dr, Oologah, OK 74053.

When I use another website to convert the address to geocode, Bing shows the correct location but gives it the wrong street name, 2660 Elkhorn Dr, Oologah, OK 74053, US

Any thoughts on how to get this resolved? both the customer and my compnay are growing frustrated. If it was just one address we could live with that but this is about half of the address in his service area. 

Friday, October 5, 2018 5:36 PM
  • Hi Luke,

There is a process in place to handle any data issues with our data provider. Please follow the steps in the original post on this thread to report your address anomalies and they will be passed to the correct data provider.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Friday, October 5, 2018 5:47 PM
    Owner
  • You have the wrong location for the hotel on Bing Maps. You show it by the National Theater Cairo and the Post office. It is next to Terminal 2 inn the airport, linked by a sky bridge. I had a travel agent telling me I had to book transportation based on your date. Not true.
    Tuesday, November 13, 2018 8:26 PM
  • Hi SGFood,

This is not the correct location to report Data Issues. Please follow the steps in the original post on this thread to report your issue in Cairo and it will be passed to the correct data provider.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, November 19, 2018 4:21 PM
    Owner
  • Hi,

I live in a new development and want to update my info within Bing Maps but our development in not in yet.  Do you know when this will happen?  

I live on Brant Place that is on the western half of the development below.

https://www.khov.com/find-new-homes/new-jersey/morris-township/07960/k-hovnanian-homes/the-residences-at-columbia-park 

Saturday, January 5, 2019 12:55 PM
  • Hi Jim,

I can't speak to the timing of your specific location but Bing Maps is constantly receiving updated data from our third party providers. I have looked at the location https://binged.it/2LRnJju and see there should be an extension to Lohman Road called Fillmore Drive but don't see Brant Place.  Can you please report that using the method given above?

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

UPDATE: The roads around Filmore Dr should appear in the January 21st update.  I assume that includes Brant Place.

Saturday, January 5, 2019 3:44 PM
    Owner
  • In Amatrice, Italy (geographical coordinates 42.6637925, 13.2818079). The official name of the hamlet is Rio. Geographical coordinates of Villa San Lorenzo a Flaviano are 42.664732,13.2850508.

Please, fix this. This is most important for post earthquake reconstruction. I can help when looking for information to demonstrate these errors, please visit Amatrice website https://www.comune.amatrice.rieti.it/perimetrazioni/ or Regione Lazio website.

Thank you for attention

regards

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 9:43 AM
  • Hi FaberHome,

This is the Microsoft Developer Network and we support developing applications and this is not the correct path to report user data issues.  I will merge your request with the topic theat includes the steps you need to follow to report a data issue.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Wednesday, January 9, 2019 5:18 PM
    Owner
  • Postcode PE7 8PY is missing from Bing Maps
    Monday, March 25, 2019 10:02 AM
  • Hi David,

That is not a valid postal code for Canada,  L#L #L#.  Please provide full feedback as described above so we know where you think this would be valid.

Sincerely,

IoTGirl

Monday, March 25, 2019 3:39 PM
    Owner
  • When a user searches 'Leicestershire, England' into bing maps, the map finds Leicestershire but it does not find a centered position in the county but instead the coordinates locates near to the border of Leicestershire. 
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:54 PM
  • For the webapp we are trying to create we are integrating Bing maps for search criteria but users entering county names such as 'Leicestershire' will not find an accurate representation of distance from their county or areas within the county based on these search results.
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 2:57 PM
  • Please use the feedback option within the application.
    Wednesday, May 22, 2019 4:44 PM
    Owner
  • Please add Rio (Amatrice's hamlet) (https://www.openstreetmap.org/?mlat=42.6642&mlon=13.2893#map=16/42.6642/13.2893). It's most important. Thank you.
    Friday, May 24, 2019 12:09 PM
  • Using same co-ordinate, I get different location on the Bing Map, using Aerial View and Road View, which illustrated below.
    Aeriall View is correct, where location should be on the right side of river.
    22.391151, 113.97683

Monday, October 21, 2019 3:01 AM