locked
Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException RRS feed

  • Question

  • User-1308253781 posted

    IM Running into the below issue when I open a particular tab in a MVC webapplication which is using Oracle as a backend. I tried to remove the old reference of Oracle.DataAccess and added a new reference but, no luck. Please pen down your suggestions

    Exception Details: Oracle.DataAccess.Client.OracleException: The provider is not compatible with the version of Oracle client

    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 9:44 AM

All replies

  • User-484054684 posted

    You could check if you have just installed provider but not the client.

    Reference: http://stackoverflow.com/a/660015

    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 11:54 AM
  • User269602965 posted

    On the application server, locate the Oracle Client installation and open the ODP.NET folder

    Open the BIN folder and find the version of .NET you are using ... 2.0/3.5 or 4.0 and open that folder

    Copy that version of OracleDataAccess.dll into the /BIN folder of your application,

    make a LOCAL reference to it

    and recompile.

     

     

    Wednesday, July 16, 2014 6:56 PM
  • User-271186128 posted

    Hi netmvc,

    From your description, we are not sure which Oracle client you have installed, but I suggest you could refer to the below link:

    http://oradim.blogspot.com/2009/09/odpnet-provider-is-not-compatible-with.html

    Best Regards,
    Dillion

    Sunday, January 25, 2015 1:30 AM