none
Command Button OnClick Action Stops Working When I protect Document RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm building a form in Word 2007 on Windows 7 and I've added an ActiveX command button. When The user click this it prompts to save if not already then launches outlook with a PDF attachment that is a version of the document.

This all seems to work OK.

When I protect the document for form entry only the button stops working. Its as if the OnClick is not firing - however if I drag the mouse across the button and release the function fires correctly.

Can anyone help?

Lee

Wednesday, March 2, 2016 9:16 AM

Answers

• Deepak,

Many thanks for getting back.

I think the problem was that I'd dropped my ActiveX command button into a textbox so I could position it and hide it from print version.

I think, after the initial click on the protected document the textarea was affecting the ability for the button to get focus.

I'm not sure exactly what was going wrong but I've put the button in a paragraph now and it seems to work fine.

Thanks for your help,

Lee

Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:22 AM

All replies

• Hi, Lee Denny

I follow the steps described by you to reproduce the issue in word 2007. But on my side click event of command button working correctly after applying protection on document. So here I failed to reproduce the issue mention by you. Can you provide your code you are working with so with the use of that we can try again to reproduce the issue.

Regards

Deepak

Thursday, March 3, 2016 3:58 AM
  • Deepak,

Many thanks for getting back.

I think the problem was that I'd dropped my ActiveX command button into a textbox so I could position it and hide it from print version.

I think, after the initial click on the protected document the textarea was affecting the ability for the button to get focus.

I'm not sure exactly what was going wrong but I've put the button in a paragraph now and it seems to work fine.

Thanks for your help,

Lee

Thursday, March 3, 2016 8:22 AM