ERROR CREATING CONTROL: SQLDATASOURCE1 RRS feed

• Question

• After creating a new file of ASPX, I wanted SQLDatasource from ASP.NET controls in order to establish connection between SQL table and Expression web. When i drag and drop the SQLDatasource into design interface it generates an error as ERROR CREATING CONTROL: SQLDATASOURCE1.

Below is a snapshot of the problem, please help me to get rid of this as soon as possible.... please........

Friday, September 18, 2015 11:10 AM

All replies

• Do you have SQLExpress installed on your machine?

Can you "see" the SQL table you are talking about?  Do you have a connection to the SQL database containing the table?

ClarkNK, A.K.A. HomePage Doctor
    HomePageDoctor.com -- Database Tutorials
    Ownertrades.com -- Created with Expression, VWDExress, SQL Express, and ASP.NET
    Arvixe -- My favored web host

Friday, September 18, 2015 3:16 PM
  • Do you have a web.config?   Make sure you do.   If you do, type in the entire error message, please.  There is no "snapshot of the problem" in your post.
    Friday, September 18, 2015 5:19 PM
  • To upload a screen sheet, an error as "You cannot upload pictures until we verify your account" is displaying. I have installed Microsoft SQLserver in my computer and have web.config also.... if u send ur fb account name i will send the screen shot of the error.... as i need to resolve this soon:/
    Friday, September 18, 2015 5:39 PM
  • Im sharing my email address in ur website, hope you reply soon sir/madam thank you.
    Friday, September 18, 2015 5:45 PM
  • "sharing my email address" - no, this is a forum.  Reply on the forum, and expect replies on the forum.

You do not need a screen shot of the error.   Read it and type it into the forum.

Friday, September 18, 2015 6:15 PM