How to deploy inhouse (LOB) a UWP App ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, we have a UWP-Package with a developer certificate. I can install the certificate and install the app via powershell.

This works.

Now i want to distribute the app inhouse to all our users (Win 10 desktops and Win 10 Mobile Phones)

We use Intune as MDM

How can i distribute the app ? (to mobile and to desktops without manually install the certificate and install everything via powershell ?)

Thank you

Stefan

Wednesday, March 16, 2016 1:05 PM

All replies

• Hi Stefano Trebo,

If your app doesn't uploaded in the windows store, the only way installing app on devices is turn on developer mode from

Settings-> For developers-> select Developer Mode, and the manually install on each device for PC using power shell, and for mobile clicking on package file  

Thursday, March 17, 2016 11:09 AM
  • Sorry but that is nonsense. One might as well deploy an app on devices by using an MDM server. However the process is different than uploading the app to Windows Store. For Windows Store, you will normally need to upload an .appxupload but for MDM, a sideloading .appx or .appxbundle is normally needed. Developer should make sure that the app is self-contained, that means it should carry all dependencies with it. Actually that is a point that we do not seem to get past, as our app is not deploying because of missing dependencies and there is not much information on the internet about how to create a proper LOB app with VisualStudio. 

Stefan Trebo would be glad to hear your experience with that, did you manage to deploy your app?

Tuesday, June 21, 2016 7:49 PM