none
Bluetooth Programming - interfacing with a bluetooth headset. RRS feed

• Question

• All,

I was tasked to connect to a 3rd party bluetooth headset/mic and to intercept the audio data and route it to different destinations.  I am having an awful time trying to figure this out and not sure if it is even possible. I have no prior bluetooth experience and I have played with general windows bluetooth api  and socket api. I am able to connect to the device via from the pc via a RFCOMM socket.  From what I have learned so far, I think I need to implement a profile supported by the device (Hands free, headset profiles) on top of this RFCOMM connection....

What I "need" to do with headset/mic:

Receive audio from the mic and know when user stops talking - similiar to VOX on radios. If VOX is not possible then simply receive audio data from user initiated  button press. Then route audio to a specific windows output.

Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 4:02 PM

All replies

• outside of the button press, you should be able to do this with a user mode direct show filter and not write any drivers. for the user initiated button press, if the button is bubbled up to the OS as HID, it can be opened by the same filter.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:27 PM
  • outside of the button press, you should be able to do this with a user mode direct show filter and not write any drivers. for the user initiated button press, if the button is bubbled up to the OS as HID, it can be opened by the same filter.

d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Thanks you Doron. 

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/dd375464(v=vs.85).aspx

I'm guessing this is where I should start looking?

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 7:33 PM
  • I am not a DS expert, but that appears to be a good starting point

Wednesday, October 19, 2016 8:12 PM