none
Where to begin? RRS feed

• Question

• We are trying to refactor our email marketing.

We do not want to use our corporate email accounts nor do we want to user a web based solution.

Can we build and exchange server for our email marketing.

We are NOT SPAMMING we have been using this same list for many, many years.

We remove obsolete entries and entries that are requested.

Please respond with some idea of pricing.

Friday, September 5, 2014 3:37 PM

All replies

• couple of things.. i would suggest if you have already decided not to use your current corporate exchange/ email and want to go for new exchange.. then make sure your public facing IP for exchange is from a separate subnet if you totally want to isolate yourself from marked as SPAM.

now for the Email marketing... in case of a new exchange ... you can also use a bulk mail software .. where the benefits are numerous which will take some nice technical expertise to configure on exchange if not third party software used and at times those functionlities are not directly provided by exchange... few listed below. and cost for this would range from $199 to $299 perpetual. which makes more sense. I am using this at one of my client. and this is very much granular.from below i took sendblaster, some better and extra features. if you need.

http://www.sendblaster.com/en/desktop-e-mail-marketing-software-features

http://group-mail.com/group-email-features/

1. It protects the IP from blacklisting as mails will not be sent all at ones. It will be send with a pre defined internal of each mail like 3 or 5 seconds. per mail. this can be configured as required.
    2. Automatic management of Email address : now your users don’t have to manage the email address once you fill the database from CSV, excel or notepad it maintains and if there is a bounce back (permanent) failure because of email address not valid or user left company, reasons like this then software will automatically remove the Email address form DB.
    3. Automatic unsubscribe for users receiving Email if they don’t want to receive Emails from your company anymore – this is customizable if you want this or not.
    4. Delivery schedule : this helps in protecting the IP as you can configure the software to send mails every 3 to 5 seconds which outlook can’t do. – Can also schedule the software to send mails after hours. Good for users experience also during day when others working and also for bandwidth.
    5. Reporting : you can have a report from the software like how many emails I delivered or not. And if not what was the reason.
    6. Templates : These kind of softwares provide some nice templates also which can be used for newsletters or other already designed things and these are quite nice.
    7. And many more: this I guess as of now I can think over the head
    8. Cost : not much,

ok just to ADD.. i am not from any of these sales team.. its just my experience i am sharing with you. Let me know if this helps.

MARK AS USEFUL/ANSWER IF IT DID

Thanks
    Happiness Always
    Jatin

• Proposed as answer by 'Jatin' Tuesday, September 30, 2014 7:45 AM
    Saturday, September 6, 2014 6:21 AM