none
Remote Control of PowerPoint Viewer 2014 RRS feed

• Question

• I am currently attempting to control PPTView.exe from office14 from a python program.

I have noticed that it has an RPC handle open.

Is the API for this RPC publicly available?

If not, is there any other way to control short of finding the window ID and sending it events?

Thanks for any assistance.

Wednesday, July 27, 2016 8:16 PM

All replies

• Hi F Kietzke,

generally the people are developing using VBA, VB or C# language.

but here you are using Python for development.

so I am going to involve some senior engineers in this issue to look in to this and provide you an appropriate suggestion.

so they will contact you and give you a suggestion.

generally it will take little more time to responded by them.

so please be patient till they contact you.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Thursday, July 28, 2016 1:15 AM
  • Upon research, I have found methods for calling C# from python.  If you can assist me in the proper method of remote control for Office14 PPTViewer using C# I should be able to complete my project.

Thank you

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:12 AM
  • Hi F Kietzke,

I already escalated this case to senior engineers.

as I am not aware with python. so I am not able to give any suggestion regarding Python like the method you can use in c# can also you use in the python etc.

if you want any description regarding the c# methods you had found then I can try to help you to understand and if possible I can provide you the MSDN Documentation regarding that methods.

Regards

Deepak

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 1:50 AM