none
Issue when deploying SSIS package to Azure - Azure components not available? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I build a SSIS package which includes a ForEach ADLS Enumerator (from the Azure Feature Pack). When I try to deploy it to the Azure SSIS Catalog I created I get an error:

"The package failed to load due to error 0xC0010014 "One or more error occurred. There should be more specific errors preceding this one that explains the details of the errors. This message is used as a return value from functions that encounter errors.". This occurs when CPackage::LoadFromXML fails.
     (ImportEvents)
    "

I played around and as soon as I have a package that includes a connection manager for Azure DataLake Store I am not able to deploy the package.

I have created a test package just with an "Foreach Loop Container". When I use "Foreach ADO Enumerator" I can deploy the package. When I just add a connection manager of type "AzureDataLake" (this connection manger is not used) I get following error message:

"
    The connection type "AzureDataLake" specified for connection manager "ADLS Connection Manager 1" is not recognized as a valid connection manager type. This error is returned when an attempt is made to create a connection manager for an unknown connection type. Check the spelling in the connection type name.
    "

It looks like for me that components from the SSIS Azure Feature Pack are not supported on Azure SSIS. Am I right?

That would make no sense for me.

Tuesday, February 27, 2018 3:40 PM

All replies

• How are you attempting to deploy the package? From Visual Studio (SSDT)? SSMS?
    Tuesday, February 27, 2018 7:28 PM
  • Do you have the latest Azure Feature Pack installed on the machine where you deploy your packages via SSDT/SSMS?
    Wednesday, February 28, 2018 1:32 AM
  • I try to deploy via SSMS. On my local PC I have the latest Azure Feature Pack installed. I am able to deploy packages that are NOT including components from the Azure Feature Pack.
    Wednesday, February 28, 2018 8:35 AM