none
[PHP[Web Apps] How to open the Joomla CMS after the joomla website has been created on Azure ? RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone help with this please, I can't see the "Open CMS" link/button or similar feature, when I use my other Joomla instance hosted at Joomla it sent me a link to access the CMS so I can add templates, content and the rest but the Azure Portal or management pages don't seem to have that...

I have found how to get the Admin Login page (/administrator) but now it is asking for the admin userid and password and I can't remember setting that up anywhere in Azure when it created the Joomla instance, so I tried a few things without success... Can anyone points me to the right Azure config page that shows the Joomla Admin account and how to set it up or get the info so I can login to the Joomla CMS Admin please ?

Friday, August 7, 2015 7:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

Yes you can add template and content only after you login using admin account to URL/administrator page as you have found.

Admin account password set option you must have seen while creating Joomla website in azure.

I would say please go to dashboard page of website(which you have created ) in azure portal and see if there is options to reset the admin password.

and see if this link also can help you.

Let us know if this works.

Best regards

Prasandhi Kumar

Friday, August 7, 2015 5:36 PM
  • Hi,

If forget your Joomla Admin password, please try the following:

1) connect to your MySQL database, refer to http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wriju/archive/2013/06/24/connecting-and-managing.aspx for more details.

2) Find and click on the table with "_users" appended in the list of tables

3) Find the user whose password you want to change。

4) Edit your password with the following value:

d2064d358136996bd22421584a7cb33e:trd7TvKHx6dMeoMmBVxYmg0vuXEA4199

If do the above steps, your password will be changed to "secret", then you can login in your Admin page, and change the password with your favorite one, or you can go to this site:http://www.subclosure.com/generate-new-joomla-1-5-md5salt-encrypted-passwords-to-store-in-database.html to get your favorite encrypted password directory instead of the value in step 4.

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 10, 2015 7:33 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes you can add template and content only after you login using admin account to URL/administrator page as you have found.

Admin account password set option you must have seen while creating Joomla website in azure.

I would say please go to dashboard page of website(which you have created ) in azure portal and see if there is options to reset the admin password.

and see if this link also can help you.

Let us know if this works.

Best regards

Prasandhi Kumar

Friday, August 7, 2015 5:36 PM
  • Hi,

If forget your Joomla Admin password, please try the following:

1) connect to your MySQL database, refer to http://blogs.msdn.com/b/wriju/archive/2013/06/24/connecting-and-managing.aspx for more details.

2) Find and click on the table with "_users" appended in the list of tables

3) Find the user whose password you want to change。

4) Edit your password with the following value:

d2064d358136996bd22421584a7cb33e:trd7TvKHx6dMeoMmBVxYmg0vuXEA4199

If do the above steps, your password will be changed to "secret", then you can login in your Admin page, and change the password with your favorite one, or you can go to this site:http://www.subclosure.com/generate-new-joomla-1-5-md5salt-encrypted-passwords-to-store-in-database.html to get your favorite encrypted password directory instead of the value in step 4.

Best Regards,

Jambor

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, August 10, 2015 7:33 AM