none
How to extract the ISA13 (Interchange Control Number)? RRS feed

• Question

• All:

I have a requirement in which I must extract the Interchange Control Number (ISA13) from a HIPAA 837P x12 file, but I'm not sure how to do this.  There is no element for this on the packaged schema definition.  How does one go about extracting this data for insertion into a SQL 2005 DB?  Any help would be greatly appreciated once again!

Thank you in advance,

- Aaron

Thursday, September 4, 2008 6:50 PM

Answers

• There is no ISA segment in the R2 schemas. Some of the properties are promoted separately and others are in the ISA_segment property. So for you to take ISA13, you need to read the ISA_segment property and extract the ISA13. Extraction should be easy since ISA segment is fixed length.

You should do something like this to get the ISA segment - ISA = Msg837P(EDI.ISA_Segment);

Hope this helps you!

Cheers

Devaraj

Friday, September 5, 2008 4:32 AM

All replies

• There is no ISA segment in the R2 schemas. Some of the properties are promoted separately and others are in the ISA_segment property. So for you to take ISA13, you need to read the ISA_segment property and extract the ISA13. Extraction should be easy since ISA segment is fixed length.

You should do something like this to get the ISA segment - ISA = Msg837P(EDI.ISA_Segment);

Hope this helps you!

Cheers

Devaraj

Friday, September 5, 2008 4:32 AM
  •  

Thank you very much.  This worked perfectly.

Friday, September 5, 2008 8:25 PM
  • Mate: it's Shane, how are you?  This could only be my old friend from the Aloha State ;)  Funny that I should come across this post in the logistics industry and have it help me out too !

Thanks Dev!

Thursday, September 23, 2010 1:12 AM