Blue-Ray Drive Missing

Question

•  
    Now I have a Blu-ray drive well I did but some strange reason I do not have the drive on my windows 8 and in device manager there is no Errors?

The Drive is a LG Super Multi Blue which is a Lightscribe, Blue-Ray RW drive?

Let me update Its the only CD/DVD/BR Disc drive I have :(

Technical Beta Tester || Matthew John Earley BSc (hons) || www.o0MattE0o.myby.co.uk

• Edited by o0MattE0o Thursday, September 22, 2011 5:53 PM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 5:43 PM

Answers

• I have managed to get it working with a clean installation and not installing windows 8 from a windows 7 isntallation...
    Also if the PC cant detect the device no ammount of drivers are going to help, I had not DVD Drive or unknown device in device manager...
    Technical Beta Tester || Matthew John Earley BSc (hons) || www.o0MattE0o.myby.co.uk
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:29 PM

All replies

• any help point out how to hack windows 8 to search for the device would be helpful as its not finding the device at all according to device manager every thing is ok?

Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:28 PM
  • I suggest going to the Blu Ray manufacturer and download the latest drivers for Windows 7.
    Then go ahead and install it. Then check device manager again.

The Blu Ray may show under DVD devices.

Marilyn
    Wednesday, September 28, 2011 8:52 PM
  • o0MattE0o,

Here a link of a thread that one user able to get missing DVD drive to show up.  It might fix your blu-ray drive being missing.  If not, you can submit your feedback about this issue.  Information to do that is also in the same thread.

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/windowsdeveloperpreviewgeneral/thread/fde116f7-28de-4505-83af-55c704d23d5e

Thursday, September 29, 2011 1:54 PM
    Answerer
  • I have managed to get it working with a clean installation and not installing windows 8 from a windows 7 isntallation...
    Also if the PC cant detect the device no ammount of drivers are going to help, I had not DVD Drive or unknown device in device manager...
    Thursday, September 29, 2011 4:29 PM